Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Its weird saying this having been 3-0 down at one point but i actually thought over the course of the 90 minutes we were the better footballing side. The first goal is always massive in these games and it obviously went to them by way of an absolutely horrendous decision. Even after a review from VAR that is still not given as a handball......... am i watching the same thing as everyone else?

Anyway the defending for the the second and third was abysmal but i think we can be relatively happy with the way we played and kept the ball given games at Anfield are always frantic. I don't think Liverpool fans or players will have come away from that thinking they are the best team in the league off that evidence.

Onto the next one, 9 points is nothing in November.

We have been for season after season. LIverpool are incapable of playing the sort of footy we have won trophies with. The one thing they do possess is the ability to maximise the point haul but, there again, when you have a charmed VAR existence they are getting points added on where VAR chalks ours off!

We have got to start taking our chances much much better than this though haven't we. All this trying walk the fucking thing into the net as well.

Sergio should have scored at least 2 yesterday and arguably 3. Along with the ludicrous VAR cheating, we should have been 3-1 up at half time. Maybe 3-0 if we actually got a VAR review on Salah's goal.

One thing people never account for here is perspective. Look how narrow the width of the line in the grass appears at the top compared to the bottom. So to be accurate, the line does need to be slightly skewed. People always think it has to be parallel to the nearest grass line but that’s plain wrong. In this example it seems skewed the wrong way though if anything, to make him look offside. It’s incredibly tight.
True. He looks onside to me.

On the game everyone knows Liverpool's strength is their crossing and sure enough two of their goals came from crosses we failed miserably to prevent. The first goal should have been dealt with better by a number of players but Stones backing off as usual was the main problem followed by Gundogans weak clearance, then no one closing Fabinho down.

Stones is not to blame for the first goal. The big mistakes were Walker being in the wrong position and Gundos horrendous clearance.

Ah well never mind. Liverpool are a great team, with a great manager and ****s for fans.
The way we played was great, no other team will go to anfield and do what we did, they was more clinical yesterday simple as.
Yes we have a soft centre at the back but we need to get eddy back asap.
Thought I'd feel more gutted but am not.
Keep your chin up blue brothers and sisters.

It's been decided at the start of the season this year the Dippers will win the PL, so i would start planning for next season, blood some youngsters, play Foden and give them genuine time on the pitch i .We have more than enough for top 4 this year and runs at the cups even if we put some youngsters in.
With the players leaving at the end of the season, there is little point in playing them over the next generation.
Exactly, time to get some youngsters in for prem matches, but Pep won't want to take the risk. Maybe if we slip further behind and he thinks there's no way of catching them, we may see Garcia, Doyle, Foden etc.

Stones is not to blame for the first goal. The big mistakes were Walker being in the wrong position and Gundos horrendous clearance.

He was culpable. He backed off and off as he always does, which is nothing, just let the man on the ball get into the danger area then doesn't block the cross.

We have been for season after season. LIverpool are incapable of playing the sort of footy we have won trophies with. The one thing they do possess is the ability to maximise the point haul but, there again, when you have a charmed VAR existence they are getting points added on where VAR chalks ours off!
Liverpool will drop points in games people don't expect them to because they don't play teams off the pitch. If you survive that initial 10 - 20 minute blitz at the start you have every chance of taking points from them a la Aston Villa(almost), even f****** United did it!

A few injuries would also be useful given they seem to be the only team in the PL that doesn't get any at all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.