Liverpool (a) post-match thread

well my mate you are a minority but when your line of thinking catches up with the rest of your support then maybe, just maybe the contempt will soften.

what do you think your club deserves for hacking our scouting system hundreds of times over a 12 month period?

how do you feel about mike Parry being on the uefa committee & using stolen emails (hacked) taken out of context & ignoring evidence which clears City to try to get them banned & leaking stories on the day we win our historic treble?
I am surprised there isn’t more press about it to be honest. I would have expected that a penalty of some sort would have been handed out(but knowing your luck VAR would overrule it :-)) I’m not exactly sure of the details but did I not read somewhere that it was three former City scouts using their old logins after joining LFC the previous year?

I am surprised there isn’t more press about it to be honest. I would have expected that a penalty of some sort would have been handed out(but knowing your luck VAR would overrule it :-)) I’m not exactly sure of the details but did I not read somewhere that it was three former City scouts using their old logins after joining LFC the previous year?

no mate they didn’t use their former log in details, they were cancelled the moment they left (still illegal if they had)

they have since been promoted to senior positions.

but as you agree on a penalty do you think it would be on a par with Mclaren caught spying on Ferrari $100m fine & 1 year ban from all competitions?

do you ever wonder why Gómez being booed for 40 seconds is seen as a bigger crime than the things that your club does routinely?

Also you ignored my question on Parry, if you want to be taken serious then face the questions, we’re not hear to talk about Mane being awarded man of the year for carrying water from a coach ffs.

no mate they didn’t use their former log in details, they were cancelled the moment they left (still illegal if they had)

they have since been promoted to senior positions.

but as you agree on a penalty do you think it would be on a par with Mclaren caught spying on Ferrari $100m fine & 1 year ban from all competitions?

do you ever wonder why Gómez being booed for 40 seconds is seen as a bigger crime than the things that your club does routinely?

Also you ignored my question on Parry, if you want to be taken serious then face the questions, we’re not hear to talk about Mane being awarded man of the year for carrying water from a coach ffs.
I cannot and will not even attempt to defend the indefensible. Whether they used their own logins or someone else’s who still worked at City I agree with you-it’s wrong, and breaches the rules all clubs stand by on treatment by each other (note Leeds and Derby) The fact(at least two of them) have subsequently been promoted after both clubs agreed on a settlement is bizarre imo. In any other organisation, they’d have been fired. This settlement also suggests that both agreed to move on from it and as is the case in most billion dollar industries both are not without sin and possibly the reason for that settlement. It will be very difficult for the PL to re-open or begin a “case” when the the two have already legally settled their differences. They have to be seen to be doing something for PR sake and as for a fine- whatever they hand down is deserved but I wouldn’t be holding my breath. As for Parry- (Rick), the fact that he sits on a UEFA panel on FFP and that panel is in possession of lots of different confidential docs from a host of different clubs across Europe through the Pinto “Football Leaks” scandal and then go on to link that back to LFC is extremely tenuous. The pr**k hasn’t been involved in LFC for 10yrs and is nowhere near the club or has any “friends” in LFC’s current administration. You are reaching there- but that is just my opinion. I decided to join Blue Moon as it’s much more interesting to debate and see your team through unbiased eyes. I have strong opinions (but just opinions) on matters pitch related and would prefer to keep it that way. I sincerely apologise to all for “why all the hatred?” in my initial post as I can now see and understand why there is that sentiment on some of the incidents mentioned (bricking a supporters coach to name one).I will respect the opinion of anyone on this forum as long as they don’t hold me accountable for it or being “representative” of scumbag LFC fans. Don’t paint us all with the same brush.

A Liverpool fan and I will say yes it was a stone wall pen, and we got away with it, however I was just as surprised looking back at it to see Aguero completely stop (he could’ve scored). That was just as shocking.You can even see by Van Dijk (and even TAA) were a bit surprised it wasn’t given!!- and who knows what way the game would have gone if City go 1 up and playing well. It was a game changer but I’m convinced they will even themselves out over the season and although it’s fair to say that City have been on the wrong end of some really harsh ones, some of the comments on this thread is borderline delusional(conspiracy theorists!!). City are a fantastic team and on their day the best in the world by far...but lads?? get on with it...and whats with all the hatred? On a practical level and I don’t mind saying it straight up- your defence at the minute is bad and looks likely it could cost you against decent quality teams. It’s not near over and the majority of Scousers I know would feel the same.
Sorry Joycer, there is nothing to suggest the bit in bold is the case at all (happy for you to prove me wrong?).

Whilst I partly agree on Aguero stopping play (as we have grown up with 'play to the whistle'), VAR and the ridiculous 'high bar' has put more emphasis on winning the appeal from the on-field official.

Effectively, if Oliver awards the penalty (as he should) VAR doesn't reverse it.

Sorry Joycer, there is nothing to suggest the bit in bold is the case at all (happy for you to prove me wrong?).

Whilst I partly agree on Aguero stopping play (as we have grown up with 'play to the whistle'), VAR and the ridiculous 'high bar' has put more emphasis on winning the appeal from the on-field official.

Effectively, if Oliver awards the penalty (as he should) VAR doesn't reverse it.
What I meant is I am convinced LFC will be on the end of some other form of bad luck and whether that is injuries at the wrong time or bad calls I wouldn’t know. Next week exactly the same incident will be a pen which is why I think VAR is farcical in its current deployment in the PL and is largely due to Riley and his cronies not wanting to lose the power of the referee. They are an elitist and arrogant bunch of pr**ks to be honest. The fact that they are sticking to the on-field decision and not over-ruling is proof of that. Anybody who can look at that incident from all the angles available AND add in the initial reaction by players (VVD TAA and Aguero) because that is always a tell-tale sign would call that a pen. The bar of clear and obvious is so bloody high its actually non-existent. They are trying to maintain their on-field power as much as possible. It was a game changer to be sure.

I cannot and will not even attempt to defend the indefensible. Whether they used their own logins or someone else’s who still worked at City I agree with you-it’s wrong, and breaches the rules all clubs stand by on treatment by each other (note Leeds and Derby) The fact(at least two of them) have subsequently been promoted after both clubs agreed on a settlement is bizarre imo. In any other organisation, they’d have been fired. This settlement also suggests that both agreed to move on from it and as is the case in most billion dollar industries both are not without sin and possibly the reason for that settlement. It will be very difficult for the PL to re-open or begin a “case” when the the two have already legally settled their differences. They have to be seen to be doing something for PR sake and as for a fine- whatever they hand down is deserved but I wouldn’t be holding my breath. As for Parry- (Rick), the fact that he sits on a UEFA panel on FFP and that panel is in possession of lots of different confidential docs from a host of different clubs across Europe through the Pinto “Football Leaks” scandal and then go on to link that back to LFC is extremely tenuous. The pr**k hasn’t been involved in LFC for 10yrs and is nowhere near the club or has any “friends” in LFC’s current administration. You are reaching there- but that is just my opinion. I decided to join Blue Moon as it’s much more interesting to debate and see your team through unbiased eyes. I have strong opinions (but just opinions) on matters pitch related and would prefer to keep it that way. I sincerely apologise to all for “why all the hatred?” in my initial post as I can now see and understand why there is that sentiment on some of the incidents mentioned (bricking a supporters coach to name one).I will respect the opinion of anyone on this forum as long as they don’t hold me accountable for it or being “representative” of scumbag LFC fans. Don’t paint us all with the same brush.

Fair play, you sound like a blue

What I meant is I am convinced LFC will be on the end of some other form of bad luck and whether that is injuries at the wrong time or bad calls I wouldn’t know. Next week exactly the same incident will be a pen which is why I think VAR is farcical in its current deployment in the PL and is largely due to Riley and his cronies not wanting to lose the power of the referee. They are an elitist and arrogant bunch of pr**ks to be honest. The fact that they are sticking to the on-field decision and not over-ruling is proof of that. Anybody who can look at that incident from all the angles available AND add in the initial reaction by players (VVD TAA and Aguero) because that is always a tell-tale sign would call that a pen. The bar of clear and obvious is so bloody high its actually non-existent. They are trying to maintain their on-field power as much as possible. It was a game changer to be sure.
The slight variance I would say is that the 'luck' element / momentum has strongly been in Liverpool's favour for last season and this.

It doesn't appear to be levelling out which would indicate that forces outside of our control are at play to have one of the 'iiiiiiiiiistory boys winning the title 'for the good of the league'

*With that, removes tinfoil-hat*

Last edited:
The slight variance I would say is that the 'luck' element / momentum has strongly been in Liverpool's favour for last season and this.

It doesn't appear to be levelling out which would indicate that forces outside of our control are at play to have one of the 'iiiiiiiiiistory boys winning the title 'for the good of the league'

*With that, removes tin-hat*
Last season I’m not so sure, this season yeah I believe we’ve had a fair share of luck. Leicester at home and last weekend were two very big slices. Even with that no pen decision, a full and firing Aguero should have had a hat trick, KDB was not at his usual best, any other day and City win that game. I do hope that the game next April has something riding on it as there will be some needle if so. City need Laporte back (not likely) if its to get to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.