Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Its fucking amazing isn't.We get nowt even when feet get wiped out. The odd pen out ot 2.
The pen on Sterling was as comprehensive a trip as the LotG compilers legislated for, but why didn't Fabinho not get booked as Diaz did (yellow card manipulation by The Bottler?), but compare the force perpetrated by Diaz on Salah's arm to that which Torres and Jesus were subjected to a week or so back. It's chalk 'n cheese - we get shafted every fuckin' game!

Not true of Elano, Zabba, Silva nor Fernandihno or, arguably Robinho.

It's all about grasping the directions of the manager.

Walker's not a 'foreigner' and it took him a while to 'settle in'.
Put it this way then, I think we should always allow them the grace of a year. There’s more than learning manger’s directions when moving family or a young lad to a new country, culture, speed of play, opposition etc. Even Silva was prone to dithering in his first season. It happens so often that we see the real player and person a year in.

So if that happened at the other end would you be shouting penalty ? Once you grab a shirt in the box it will always be a penalty
agree, we got a couple of free kicks for minor shirt pulls, Raz in first half and one in second. although there was no theatrics. Its tough for the forwards, if you dont make a foul clear and obvious you might not get it, seen Sterling / Aguero a number of times not awarded pens but could have if they have dived - they then get hounded for when they do.

their midfield:
1612828038699.png
our midfield
1612828079442.png

their back 5:

1612828115060.png
our back 5:
1612828149300.png

they simply couldn't get the ball out from the back, it got stuck between Fabinho & Henderson and then out to Robertson & TAA where they'd turn over the ball, and we'd come back through midfield which we completely dominated. That put pressure on their centre backs who couldn't get the ball into their non-existent midfield and onto Alisson who then had nowhere to play it as they were penned in and he got flustered and broke, our game went to another level once they got their equaliser and it's quite incredible to see.

We were just better than them, it was that simple. Some aspects stood out to me.

1. I have never seen Salah so quiet in a big game, Zincho played him superbly.

2. Dias is human, his mistake though rather than damaging us, spurned us on and the togetherness we showed stood out.

3. Gundog. Missed the penalty, scored twice and never stopped with his passing , he never hid, a real testament to his character.

4. Raz made one of the "worlds" best full backs look like a sunday league player when he ran at him at him and he broke his hoodoo. An important moment

5. Rodri was immense, he dominated the midfield, made important interceptions, passed the ball intelligently and was a real physical presence, He plays very differently to Ferna but on yesterdays showing he is the heir.

6. The whole team worked so hard, everyone played their part and whilst some had games that didnt show them at their best, you can not fault any of them for their work rate and willingness to press, close down, tackle and support each other

and 7

Fuck me maybe Pep was right in what he said about Phil and Messi. He was magnificent. He is so talented it is scary,. His goal was Messi like, but what impressed me more than that, was the last minute he was still chasing back and working hard. That is ingrained in him now and he is one of our very own. He is defo making a lot of the opinionated journos who thought he would never get a chance to play/should go out on loan look very silly. I loved how Ederson ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate his goal with him, it meant a fucking awful lot to them all.

Its a nice feeling on a monday morning, lets hope our heads on the Swansea game, as their records to be broken and silverware to win.

Come on City we could win the lot again
Excellent post mate, this result and game made me feel so good, we have gone to their place at last and thrashed them, they have nowhere to hide although Klott will come out with a million daft excuses of course.
It's amazing how good something like this can lift your spirits.
The much here in Australia was on in the middle of the night and I've started waking up early like 6 or 7 a.m. and watching the replay without knowing the score.

The first half I thought was Even Stevens and quite a tense affair not knowing which way the match would go after half-time.
But fucking hell that second half was a thing of beauty, 4 times I jumped off my bed to my feet and punched the air.
All our players were immense and Pep pulled a master stroke reverting us to 442 and bringing Jesus on.
Phil and Raheem commenced to rip them apart from wide areas it was so beautiful to watch.
And for once those scummy bus wreckers couldn't abuse Raheem.
I remember thinking when Milner came on I've never heard City fans abusing him even though we didn't get 50 million for him like the dippers got for Raheem.

These days playing Liverpool and United are the two stress-inducing games for me as I so fucking want to beat them both convincingly Everytime... I don't want us to lose to these twats ever again.
Thank you Pep and thank you to the team for giving them a pasting at Klanfield you've made an old guy walk on air since.

their midfield:
View attachment 10082
our midfield
View attachment 10083

their back 5:

View attachment 10084
our back 5:
View attachment 10085

they simply couldn't get the ball out from the back, it got stuck between Fabinho & Henderson and then out to Robertson & TAA where they'd turn over the ball, and we'd come back through midfield which we completely dominated. That put pressure on their centre backs who couldn't get the ball into their non-existent midfield and onto Alisson who then had nowhere to play it as they were penned in and he got flustered and broke, our game went to another level once they got their equaliser and it's quite incredible to see.
A nice, big, U. The death of possession football.

their midfield:
View attachment 10082
our midfield
View attachment 10083

their back 5:

View attachment 10084
our back 5:
View attachment 10085

I was worried that one of Dias or Stones was going to clatter through my screen defending their box while looking at these.

Put it this way then, I think we should always allow them the grace of a year. There’s more than learning manger’s directions when moving family or a young lad to a new country, culture, speed of play, opposition etc. Even Silva was prone to dithering in his first season. It happens so often that we see the real player and person a year in.

I have to agree to disagree with you.

For me, Rodri was babysat for quite a while, with Fernandihno at his side and still didn't make many forward passes. In fact, for me, it's just over a season that that happened.

His saving grace has been the change of system as it uses all his attributes and he's confident in understanding his role as there's always a pass forward on or an outlet somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.