Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

There is that, but I want him to do his main job of saving the very few chances we give up.

He'll be in danger of entering Bravo territory in terms of goals to chances faced.

He made a good stop from Jota, and as you said he didn't do anything wrong for the Mané goal. I'm still not convinced he was at fault for Salah's goal either. Maybe someone else throws a hand up at a slightly different angle a split second earlier and gets something on it, but I really wouldn't expect them to

He did royally fuck up that cross for the Fabinho chance though

He made a good stop from Jota, and as you said he didn't do anything wrong for the Mané goal. I'm still not convinced he was at fault for Salah's goal either. Maybe someone else throws a hand up at a slightly different angle a split second earlier and gets something on it, but I really wouldn't expect them to

He did royally fuck up that cross for the Fabinho chance though

He's statistically the best goalkeeper in the league at claiming crosses and corners so I don't care about the chance at the end, it's a one off.

In fact in this very game there were a couple of crosses which drew praise from the commentators because they just stick. No punching or flailing at it, he just comes and grabs the ball.

Ploddy is a good way of describing Laporte.

What we lose through not having Laporte utilising his crossfield pass, we gain more solidity of Dias is playing on the left.

Especially so, as Stones brings us more options into midfield.

I'd say Laporte remains a very good defender but he seems to struggle mentally in the biggest of games?

Having watched that Salah goal back again, I'm disappointed with Eddie, he should be getting a hand to it at least.
Agree about Ederson, i said it at the time. When Salah shoots his right arm is in front of his body for some strange reason (his left arm in a more normal position) and he cant get it out quick enough because of it. If his starting point was his arm by his side, he’d have kept it out IMO

Attachments

• 81EDC71B-F6F4-42C9-BA03-9AA30B02680D.jpeg
    81EDC71B-F6F4-42C9-BA03-9AA30B02680D.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
There is that, but I want him to do his main job of saving the very few chances we give up.

He'll be in danger of entering Bravo territory in terms of goals to chances faced.
I don’t know the stats but I would have thought Ederson shots to saves ratio would be around 90%.

What we lose through not having Laporte utilising his crossfield pass, we gain more solidity of Dias is playing on the left.

I'd say Laporte remains a very good defender but he seems to struggle mentally in the biggest of games?

Having watched that Salah goal back again, I'm disappointed with Eddie, he should be getting a hand to it at least.
Harsh on Ederson, both brilliant goals and finishes.

Laporte is so slow it's untrue, he gets caught far too often, still a very good CB, but not the same player since his injury for me and not one you want in the trenches when the bullets are flying.

We haven't seen Stones yet this season though so it's Laporte's place at the moment and i really can't see how he can be dropped.
Also as you said about Cancelo's defending, because he isn't the best (even though he was up against Salah and had a brilliant first half) Laporte has to keep an eye on the wing too. For the most part i think he has been brilliant so far this season.

You also have to factor in the quality of games that we played last week.
I can't remember a time when we played, arguably three of the top 5 teams in Europe away from home in one week. The players must be mentally and physically exhausted after that and to maintain the quality of play, where we were the best team in all three games, was phenomonal.

I agree about Eddie though, even in the PSG game i thought he could've at least made an effort with Messi's goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.