Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Fantastic to see Pep on the pitch interviewing with NBC commentors after the match!

Klopp has done it a few times but I don’t recall him doing it.

Overall, I feel good about this season after these 3 games.

I think we played well in all 3 games with some flaws we know of but some new things to look out for or we are getting better at that could become helpful.

Great test and I think we came out more than fine.

Even the usual terrible decision we get against them couldn’t defeat us today.

Team showed character and quality. That I feel will bode well for us.

We’ll take the point I suppose.
But it does feel like an opportunity wasted to take 3 points.

Yes Milner should have been off, No it wasn’t a penalty, it should have been a foul outside the box though, but I think we had a few players well below par, to get three points there. Jack is not up to the tempo of these high intensity games yet, but will be greatI think. Kev was terrible, despite the goal. He is not fit enough for these games coming three in a week. Cancelo was wonderful first half but was instrumental with poor tackle attempts for both of their goals.

Can’t be over critical though. We have shown great character in a very tough week. We’ve done really well to come back twice today. We could have rolled over and lost 3-1 easily.

Cancelo didn't do well on the first goal but he won more ball today than any other City player. He is a good defender.
He waa embarrasing for the 1st goal, was not good for the 2nd goal and generally does something nice followed by 2 things that are shit. First 4 minutes was the perfect example of him. Gets beat by salah, tackles him, gives the ball away.

Thinking back to it now - how was nothing given at all?! It was a foul either way but to end up with nothing from it…baffling but a testament to how shit our officials actually are.
If Tierney had awarded the pen then Milner was a straight red, so he bottled it
VAR will have looked at it and as the first contact was outside the box it's only a foul and VAR cannot intervene unless it's dangerous play
If Tierney had awarded the pen, VAR would have asked him to look at it again and it would have been brought back for a free kick and a booking
Either way, Tierney is a cheat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.