Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was but you can bet the dippers divers will do exactly the same if he rushes out on Sunday. For me we need to cut out the trying to play out from the back and play out quickly to our fast front men. He played against Southampton in the league cup.

He had a superb game in the charity shield no reason he can't do it again.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest Pep won't be turning us into Burnley for 1 match.

Why all the negativity?
We are the champions and we will not relinquish our crown easily.
Unlucky with injuries but sod it we have to get on with it. This team battles and fights ro the end. Play well we wont need Bravo.
Pep will inspire us. This team finds a way always.
I'm in the positive camp who's with me?
Anyway 3 1 to us.

One (admittedly small) positive about all these injuries, is if we *can* grab a draw on Sunday, it will feel like a win to our boys, and boost confidences.

And Liverpool will feel like they've squandered a big opportunity / put some doubts in their minds ?

Probably less stressed about the game now than I would've been if we were at full strength tbh, given that expectation levels are so low. The pressure is more on them with home advantage to turn over a weakened City side and make themselves huge favourites for the title. Anything other than a defeat will be a great result for us in the circumstances,

Would be tempted to go for a 3-5-2 to try and restrict space for their full-backs:

Bravo

Walker
Stones
Fernandinho

Cancelo
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Mendy

Sterling
Aguero

You just don’t like Bravo.

it was a risk he had to take. One on one - if there had been other City players covering, it would have been a yellow.

Since when have I not liked Bravo?

It was a risk he decidedly didn't have to take, and one of the reasons VAR spent 5 minutes weighing it up was because the defenders were almost level and it was a marginal red card.

Probably less stressed about the game now than I would've been if we were at full strength tbh, given that expectation levels are so low. The pressure is more on them with home advantage to turn over a weakened City side and make themselves huge favourites for the title. Anything other than a defeat will be a great result for us in the circumstances,

Would be tempted to go for a 3-5-2 to try and restrict space for their full-backs:

Bravo

Walker
Stones
Fernandinho

Cancelo
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Mendy

Sterling
Aguero
Foden for Bernardo (as he has looked well off as of late and I think having Phil on will give us energy and drive) and that’s my team, as well.

Yeah, I’d go with Foden too personally but don’t think Pep will though.
You’re right, probably not.

Then again, the last time I said that I hoped a local lad I rated very highly would start but admitted it was unlikely, Pep did actually put Doyle in. ;-)

Suggest you watch the press conference.

fast forward to 9.22 to see Guardian reporter ask Pep about conseuqences of losing. Then he asks about Claudio Bravo. Then someone follows it up and asks about tactical fouling. Seriously they have some cheek. Pep dealt with it very well. I don't think he always deals with the press too well, but today he was very good. Jamie Jackson should be embarrassed. Disrespecting our players. They are CHampions. What are you? Your living comes from their play. I wouldn't mind but as Karen wll confirm, JJ very often asks these types of questions. Link to press conference is in the Media Thread if you want it. Easy to find online.

Idiotic questioning like every week from JJ,if we didn't know he was a rag,it would be questionable even more so,but we must let the envious toad off,as he keeps getting in the building.

He is typically asking snide questions and making snide remarks as his team is so shite,must be only pleasure he gets for a weekend,sad but there it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.