Liverpool (A) - Sun 10th Mar, 15:45 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody thinking defeat is on the cards and I understand that as they get loads of help from the referee at Anfield.

However the BBC doing their combined team thing got me thinking.

Imagine you're selecting a team to play Real Madrid in the CL final.

I reckon the absolute maximum number of Liverpool players is 3. You can make a case for zero.
Allison in goal as he saves more shots
Robertson at LB as we don't really have one.
Salah obviously.
He's the only one who gets in the front 6.

Given all that, shouldn't we be thinking of winning there.
Don't think Alison does save more shots ,he did a season or 2 ago.The last year though Ederson has improved and Alison has got slightly worse if anything. Ederson is the better all round keeper now.

Everybody thinking defeat is on the cards and I understand that as they get loads of help from the referee at Anfield.

However the BBC doing their combined team thing got me thinking.

Imagine you're selecting a team to play Real Madrid in the CL final.

I reckon the absolute maximum number of Liverpool players is 3. You can make a case for zero.
Allison in goal as he saves more shots
Robertson at LB as we don't really have one.
Salah obviously.
He's the only one who gets in the front 6.

Given all that, shouldn't we be thinking of winning there.

Robertson is not in top form yet. Ake is better.

VVD instead of Robertson.

We have better players, but they sort of compensate for it in separate games, especially at Anfield, by running like rabid dogs (and then getting injured in the following weeks). If we can match their running, we are very strong favourites to win. Their quality is based mostly on intensity. That's why they can get away with injuries as long as the squad players run themselves like mad. As Pep said before the game at the Etihad, it's a team built to run and run.

I think the intensity in the first 60-70 minutes will be ferocious. We are more likely to finish the game strongly. Also, they don't have many options on the bench. The task is to be good enough in the first 60-70 minutes and avoid risks in the build-up play, and also a red card.

They're a good team but I think they've been quite lucky in a lot of games. All things being equal we beat them, I just hope there's no fuck ups from the ref. Contain the counter attacks and we beat them.
This most definitely includes all of the officials.
Agree with your counter attack comment.

Al this Arnold talk has made me feel more relaxed about Sunday. We might not win - that’s football - and we might not win the league. But I’d swap that for NOT being a liVARpool fan any day of the week. They’re just weird. So what if we are grown up and chilled out? Most of us have lives. They are weird mother fuckers. If it means THAT much then you can have one ref assisted title so they can have their Klippety wankathon. We’ll settle for retaining the champs league and still having the best manager of all time for at least another season :)

Presser is great, Pep on top form. He is too intelligent for the click bait twats!

Talking about Alexander - Arnold comments and the press trying to get him to bite he just said I wish him a speedy recovery...

Growing up in the 1970s I must confess to being in total awe of Anfield and the charismatic Bill Shankly.

Every weekend I'd be educated by John Motson, Barry Davies and Brian Moore, all of them convinced that Liverpool were the most sporting, humorous knowledgeable supporters on Planet Earth.
The written media were just as adamant that unlike United, Chelsea or Leeds, those loveable red rascals on the Anfield Kop preferred to sing Beatles songs than fight with opposition supporters.

I couldn't wait to visit as an away fan so naturally it came as a bit of a shock to be twatted within five minutes, and discover that Motson, Davies, and Moore, were all talking utter bollocks.

I've since visited on 20+ occasions and despise everything about them, including their sinister relationship with the media, which still exists

Last edited:
They will make a lot of noise for about 10 minutes, realise it doesn’t affect our boys then sit quietly whilst we tear the cunts apart.
I know there a lot of noise on this forum in regards to us shitting it at their place and maybe on occasion in the past we haven’t done ourselves justice but this group are different.
There’s a good reason we are considered the best team on the planet and Sunday will reaffirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.