Liverpool bus damaged on journey back from Etihad Stadium today

By singing it we are playing into their hands. I hate it myself. It was the Rags who started it and we don’t need to sing it. Its meaning is ambiguous and it has become a weapon whatever the original meaning was.

The chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough. Other than that, the chant is true, regardless who started it. When Liverpool fans and Liverpool Football Club start taking responsibility for their actions and admitting those actions, then the chant might stop, until then, f*ck em!

And your evidence it was a City fan who threw this brick at 3:40 on Ashton New Road yesterday is?

There’s no comparison to the behaviour of the vile shitheads that took part in the attack on our bus to what happened yesterday.

There’s no evidence it was City fans but you’re claiming we are guilty without any investigation, it’s what the Stasi and KGB used to do (bit OTT but Jayfx started it).

Correct, there is no evidence at all that it happened and even less evidence that it was a City fan, unlike the hundreds of hours of evidence of the scouse feral scum smashing our bus to bits with the blessing of their own plod.

Lots of navel gazing going on from self appointed higher life forms here.

So, after all the calling of Liverpool fans being scrotes, rats, scum etc., one of our own did the same thing we call them for.

How embarrassing. After such a great day, some thick as sh*t moron has not only shown us up, but made scousers to look the same as everyone else (or at least the same as us). Nice one.
Hi Juergen.

By singing it we are playing into their hands. I hate it myself. It was the Rags who started it and we don’t need to sing it. Its meaning is ambiguous and it has become a weapon whatever the original meaning was.
The only weapons were the 3000 scruffy cunts in the away end.

There’s some force in this argument, but ultimately, why should they be allowed to appropriate the meaning of the words to an ambiguous football chant?

Why would you allow them to do that? Especially when you know the song isn’t about what they claim it is.

The chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough. Other than that, the chant is true, regardless who started it. When Liverpool fans and Liverpool Football Club start taking responsibility for their actions and admitting those actions, then the chant might stop, until then, f*ck em!
It's not something I'd sing, and I've challenged plenty on here for comments about Hillsborough and Heysel, but it's odd that it's been rebranded as "tragedy chanting".

The very first mention of it I've seen in the national press was after the Suarez stuff. It's reported in the Guardian, that Liverpool fans were signing about Evra being a liar, and United fans replied with "Always the victim".

At the time, (this was a couple of months after the t-shirts, and after Suarez had been found guilty by the FA), it was the racist chants from Liverpool fans that were considered worse.

It was our fans fault that one of their supporters split a young girls head open according to Spirit of Shankly.

Just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.