Liverpool bus damaged on journey back from Etihad Stadium today

They will be loving this. All the attention being taken away from actually how they got totally annihilated on the pitch. How has it turned from a fantastic match to Pep has no respect and there bus being targeted in the media? I just can't imagine.
Quite, dear Kippax123.. how on Earth could such a thing happen?!

I'm reminded of how, in 2009, the first half-decent iteration of City's team after Sheikh Mansour took over the club absolutely mullered another one of the 'Big Four' that plays in red, to send out a statement that that things were changing and City were progressing.

Within moments of City thrashing 4-2 the fading squad that was Arsenal, any expectations on behalf of us Blues to look forward to positive reviews about our performance that day were undermined by the media immediately focusing on both the Adebayor goal celebration and the Adebayor-Van Persie challenge.

All of which was stoked by Van Persie's claim that Adebayor hadn't apologised for the challenge after the game. Within moments of the game finishing, statements were appearing on Arsenal's website and so began the media firestorm that led to Adebayor's vilification and ultimate 3-week ban.

And all this occurred without Van Persie offering any apology whatsoever for his initial off-the-ground, two-footed, dangerous scissors challenge on Adebayor, to which the latter had retaliated.

Adebayor was correctly punished for his actions but the whole episode was nothing but a confection brought about by the mainstream and social media piling on as they do time after time after time..

Same old same old with this latest attempt to minimise what Pep and our lads have been achieving together.

The herbert who threw whatever was thrown at Liverpool's bus yesterday should be identified and punished, just the same as if you or I stood at Piccadilly bus station lobbing bricks at passing omnibuses; and maybe our fellow Blues singing these 'offensive songs' ('offensive'? ffs..!) might want to have a think about things in the future and give it a rest to avoid stuff being thrown (metaphorically!) at our club..

But we should resist any attempt by the media in all its forms to stir these non-stories up against us and the finest squad ever to grace English football. It's all about diminishing our team and its achievements.

And btw, dear supine UK sports media, yesterday's 'offensiveness' and 'object throwing' barely touch the scale compared to the behaviours to us of that lot down the East Lancs over the past decade. Report on that stuff with the same zeal if you dare..

Apparently the ‘always the victims’ was the offensive chant. That City have condemned.(friends again with Liverpool?)

As well know, even the City, the chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough. That’s the narrative LFC, Liverpool supporter organisations, Liverpool fans, and the Liverpool (loving) media have spun over the last few years to try to get the chant stopped.

The chant is about Liverpool fans never taking responsibility for their actions.
By singing it we are playing into their hands. I hate it myself. It was the Rags who started it and we don’t need to sing it. Its meaning is ambiguous and it has become a weapon whatever the original meaning was.
The truth often hurts and that’s why these fuckers get upset by it, from running the gauntlet of Stanley knives back in the day , ticketless fans gaining entry into grounds on a consistent basis over the years , smashing both supporters and team coaches up consistently over the years . Erasing the deaths of 39 supporters from history , getting English clubs banned from European football for five years . Bragging openly on social media about fake tickets for the champions league final in Paris. Having a manager openly encouraging fans to travel to a final without tickets .
Being the only fan base I know who won’t admit they have a dickhead element who follow them .
Now we have a media who are so sycophantic and shit scared to report anything negative about them .

The headline is "

Liverpool bus attacked on journey from Etihad Stadium​

This could mean that the bus was attacked when it ARRIVED in dipperland.

I witnessed a Liverpool fan having a load of coins confiscated by security. Possibly intended to be used as a weapon like the one that cut open the head of the 15 year girl. Hope the dipper got his coins back at the end of the game to get the bus home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.