Liverpool bus damaged on journey back from Etihad Stadium today

No one seemed to raise the possibility it could have been a Everton fan or general scrote that damaged the City bus last time.

I don't really understand how the same people who thought it was scumbag behaviour for Liverpool to not apologise when City's property was damaged now think City shouldn't have apologised when the reverse happens.
There were lots of images of that, so not much doubt Liverpool fans were involved. I didn't really expect them to apologise though as the club cannot be in control of, or responsible for, what fans do outside the stadium.

Eh up big man. Who popped 50 pence in you?
I don't need proof. Whether it was a City fan or not - although it clearly was a City fan (let's us not start claiming it 'wasn't our fault') - the fact is the Liverpool bus was damaged at City. It will be portrayed as an attack by a City fan. I get some people can't have anything negative said about anything to do with City but we can't call the scousers scrotes and ridicule them for saying it's never their fault and then do the same things.

Instead of being dead hard and angry telling me to f' off, you should be telling the moron that showed us up to do one pal.
What damage? I haven't seen any

Can we just clarify something for all you hand wringers.
The statement put out by City states they are aware of an object being thrown TOWARDS the coach. At no point do they mention ANY damage.
If City had not released that pathetic apology no one would have known about this very minor incident as no other fucker has mentioned it.
If anyone can find another reference to it feel free to post.
51 pages because City are scared shitless of upsetting someone. (Other than their own fans)

There were lots of images of that, so not much doubt Liverpool fans were involved. I didn't really expect them to apologise though as the club cannot be in control what fans do outside the stadium.

Some people just don't come across as blues with their mindset, if some people think that there was doubt that the City coach wasn't battered with bricks and bottles by hundreds of red scousers then they are doing their reading and looking completely wrong.

You can’t compare a baying mob of thousands, acting with impunity whilst surrounded by security and the local police, throwing umpteen bottles at a teams coach, and causing tens of thousands of pounds of damage, before a game at an event promoted by the club and its manager……to some kid throwing a stone/rock after a game in the middle of Manchester with barely anyone around (allegedly) two wrongs don’t make a right & all that, and the two situations are on a completely different level, hopefully they release some footage for context, you can bet your last penny it won’t be as intended or hateful as the video from inside our coach (which makes my blood boil) Scouse-washing at its finest

No one did compare those two incidents.

Have you all completely forgotten the last time the City bus got damaged? It was 6 months ago. There was no baying mob, there was no 10's of thousands of pounds of damage, there was one damaged window from something the club reported happened on their way home from Anfield and noticed the morning after.

That's the incident comparable to Saturday, and City took the moral high ground by condemning it. They didn't apologise. They didn't blame City fans, they said "throwing stuff at coaches is bad".

It's fucking peverse that anyone thinks that's the wrong thing to do. It's also completely ridiculous to say it happened "in the middle of Manchester" when it's about 50 feet from the stadium.

Some of you are just desperate to attack the club for doing anything, even when it's clearly the right thing.
What incident on Saturday ?
Aside from City making a cringeworthy apology can you show me any other report?
The object didnt even hit the bus.

Ok we're doing more bizarro bullshit are we?

The incident where something was thrown at the Liverpool bus.

City didn't apoligise.

Yes it did, obviously, because GMP have opened an investigation after a report was filed of criminal damage.

Something thrown at a bus can't damage it without hitting it.

Why are you tying yourself up in knots over this? We don't like people throwing stuff at buses. It should be condemned when it happens to City fans or team, and it should be condemned when it happens to visiting teams or fans a stones throw (intended) from the Etihad.
The only reports of this incident on the World Wide Web are in relation to City's apology. They clearly state an object was thrown but did not hit the bus. I cannot find any mention of criminal damage, just that the police have opened an investigation.
We've had City fans stating it was brick without any facts to back that up.
I say again, point me in the direction of a report, separate to City's apology, that criminal damage was caused to the coach.

The only reports of this incident on the World Wide Web are in relation to City's apology. They clearly state an object was thrown but did not hit the bus. I cannot find any mention of criminal damage, just that the police have opened an investigation.
We've had City fans stating it was brick without any facts to back that up.
I say again, point me in the direction of a report, separate to City's apology, that criminal damage was caused to the coach.

it’s getting quite hard to respond to someone who is seemingly divorcing from reality, inventing things and simply lying.

If you can’t find any mention of damage, you’re not really looking hard are you? This is the opening sentence of City’s statement.

“Manchester City FC has been made aware that Liverpool FC’s coach sustained damage on its return journey following today’s game.”

Not able to find the GMP statement? It’s been quoted in full all over the place.

Following yesterday’s Premier League fixture between Manchester City and Liverpool, GMP received reports of criminal damage to Liverpool FC players’ coach. It is reported the incident took place at approximately 3.40pm on Ashton New Road close to the junction of Rowsley Street. There were no reports of any injuries and the Liverpool club coaches were able to continue with their journey. An investigation has now been launched by Greater Manchester Police to identify and locate the offenders.”

Come back to reality, stop lying about the club apologising (they didn’t) and stop inventing stuff about the club saying nothing hit the bus.

You’re as bad as Liverpool fans pretending 2018 was just one can of Koppaberg.

Someone damaged the bus, that’s bad. It’s bad when it’s our bus, it’s bad when it’s visiting teams’ buses. The club was right to condemn it, and they didn’t apologise for something they had no control over.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.