Liverpool - could they be relegated?

It's a strong possibility - would they have factored in CL money? My guess is yes, and they didn't make it (same as Leeds).

Unfortunately :-) that is unlikely to happen. The bank running the club isnt necessarily the same as entering admin'. It may get tasty though if they avoid a points deduction on a technicality and are fewer than 10 points clear of the drop. What would an opposing chairman of a bottom 3 club do?

Garry.Cook said:
No chance. They will be comfortably top half I reckon. Give it a few years of deterioration and then suggest relegation.

Leeds:
01/02 - Top 4
02/03 - Bottom Half
03/04 - Relegation

Prestwich_Blue said:
As the deadline for re-financing their RBS loan gets ever closer (Oct 15th), there is now the serious possibility that RBS could actually put Red Kop Holdings into administration.

As RKH's only asset is LFC, this could mean a 9 point deduction and them being 7 or 8 points adrift of safety. That would almost certainly mean anyone half decent going in January and leave them perilously placed.

Bloody hell!

Do you honestly see RBS pulling the plug on Liverpool?

Brendan110_0 said:
It's a strong possibility - would they have factored in CL money? My guess is yes, and they didn't make it (same as Leeds).

they would've done, and the financial reports which are gonna show the shortfall from not qualifying, haven't been released yet. Their last ones were bad enough so these should be very tasty!

If the bank were to receive a £50 million bid for Torres in January, would they say no?

mcfc1996 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
As the deadline for re-financing their RBS loan gets ever closer (Oct 15th), there is now the serious possibility that RBS could actually put Red Kop Holdings into administration.

As RKH's only asset is LFC, this could mean a 9 point deduction and them being 7 or 8 points adrift of safety. That would almost certainly mean anyone half decent going in January and leave them perilously placed.

Bloody hell!

Do you honestly see RBS pulling the plug on Liverpool?
Don't know but I suspect the finances aren't that healthy without CL money so if it's the only chance of getting something back then they will.

hgblue said:
If the bank were to receive a £50 million bid for Torres in January, would they say no?

They can expect to earn considerably more from fees and interest if they re-finance.

That seems the likeliest option imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.