Liverpool - could they be relegated?

C_T_I_D said:
Come off it. They're only one win away from 7th place (2 points) and this league is changing all the time.

How would that effect their participation in the Europa League FBloke? Would they get thrown out?
They have to show they are a going concern and lets be honest if the RBS takes control they wont be. Admin or not i reckon Platini will make a point of punishing the club

squirtyflower said:
Damocles said:
Even if they did enter administration, they wouldn't get a points deduction. They are Liverpool and they can do no wrong.
i actually read on thursday that the fa had already guaranteed there would be no points deduction if rbs took over the club
surely rbs taking over is the same as going into administration?
No it's not. RBS taking over would mean them actually installing a board and management team. Adminstration would mean something completely different.

Prestwich_Blue said:
mcfc1996 said:
Do you honestly see RBS pulling the plug on Liverpool?
Don't know but I suspect the finances aren't that healthy without CL money so if it's the only chance of getting something back then they will.

Is it not more likely that RBS will take control of Liverpool and seek to sell the club to recover their cash. I think the yanks want £600m for their stakes whereas RBS would need less than half that. There will be plenty of takers at £250m.

mcfc1996 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't know but I suspect the finances aren't that healthy without CL money so if it's the only chance of getting something back then they will.

Is it not more likely that RBS will take control of Liverpool and seek to sell the club to recover their cash. I think the yanks want £600m for their stakes whereas RBS would need less than half that. There will be plenty of takers at £250m.

Plenty of takers yes..but bankrollers ?? mmmmmmmmm.

please let that happen.
Prestwich_Blue said:
As the deadline for re-financing their RBS loan gets ever closer (Oct 15th), there is now the serious possibility that RBS could actually put Red Kop Holdings into administration.

As RKH's only asset is LFC, this could mean a 9 point deduction and them being 7 or 8 points adrift of safety. That would almost certainly mean anyone half decent going in January and leave them perilously placed.

Bloody hell!

mcfc1996 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Plenty of takers? Theres been a really long list of takers indeed, it stretches an inch.

Unpredictable but havent seemed to have improved from last year . I still expect them to finish in the top half around 9th only will they finish in the bottom half if they sell their best players , torres , gerrard etc. But we have clearly taken over from them now for me and no longer pose a threat to the top 4 but we'll have to see . Tottenham are our biggest rivals for the top four but I can see us holding them off aswell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.