Liverpool - could they be relegated?

Reina
Carragher
Gerard
Torres

On the face of it-a quality spine....on closer examination though-though Reina is quality,Carragher makes a lot of mistakes and is a yard short these days....Gerard is still doing it but he's not going to get any better,and has spent too long carrying the team-it's showing now....Torres just looks like he can't be arsed with it all and just wants to be somewhere else.

Cole is a decent player,but the rest.....pretty much shite.

Torres,Gerard and Reina are their only real saleable assets.
They have a nice guy,panic-measure stop-gap manager who has never won anything in charge.
They are broke.
Their vast majority of their fanbase knows jack shit about "adversity" or how to deal with it.
They look rudderless and lacking any sort of off-pitch leadership-they're starting to look like us when Keegan knew the cupboard was bare.

It could get interesting.

Not qualifying for europe would bring a wry smile to my face.

What will poor Clive Tydlesley et al do then when they don't have those 'Magical Anfield European Nights' to look forward to?

At least we'll be spared endless replays of David Faircloughs goal against St Etienne.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
bluemanc said:
Why not.??
They were in the 2nd division just before the Littlewoods Moores family ploughed mega money into them in the late 50's,they didn't win the fa cup till 1966 & we won a Euro trophy before them.
Back to where they belong some might say.
Yes and thats lost totally on them, it took money to turn them into that trophy winning machine they became they would have you believe it was all Shankley...yes there is little doubt he did a fantastic job as a manager but he had the funds to help.
I get constantly pissed off with the scousers constant wankfest over the commie loudmouth that was Shankly.They are forever quoting his supposed pearls of wisdom, such as, 'There are two teams in Liverpool', no need for me to finish the cliched crap; To them this potato faced jock was lauded as the messiah. As understated(joke!) by Damocles, they now need a serious dose of
the conference for the next 50 years.

It'll be entertaining to see the bailiffs turn up and take away the TVs and stereos and tellies from Anfield.

It'll show Scousers how it feels when they burgle us!<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:31 pm --<br /><br />
1_barry_conlon said:
Not qualifying for europe would bring a wry smile to my face.

What will poor Clive Tydlesley et al do then when they don't have those 'Magical Anfield European Nights' to look forward to?

Agreed. He makes it sound like anyone there is like the kids in those old Toys R Us adverts they show at Xmas.

Quite right. We will all be expected to bewail their demise as though a head of state has snuffed it. Bring it on.

The only tragedy would be their 10 point deduction saving a third from bottom Everton from relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.