Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Obviously the way the first half went didn’t help the singing. But I wish that people get to their seats 10 mins before kick off and sing before. It all happened in concourse.
Yeah happens a lot that at Wembley. lad said hundreds spent the whole of the first half in the concourse after we went 2-0 down.
People near me were specualting that Stones thought the ball went out in their first goal but I didn't notice that. The angles they showed at HT at the ground didn't answer the question and I have so far not brought myself to watch any TV coverage. One of my dauthers was watching at home - the other was ta the game with me - and she said one of the pundits criticised Zack on all the goals but I don't think there was much he could have done about the first.

I've not seen any replays of the third so I'm not sure if Zack should have been closer to his post but I think a lot of keeprs would have been caught out by that strike.
Mane shouldn’t have had that much space in the first place. Zinchenko was nowhere to be seen. It was a good strike.

Reactions: OB1
It isnt knee jerk. At the business end of the season not having those options has hindered us.

I remain sceptical that there wasn't a more mobile defensive midfielder that could be found.
TBH I just checked your recent posts and likes so I'll stop engaging. Enjoy the misery pit.

Pep has always had the rolls royce on call. Whether is was inheriting that ridiculous core of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta at Barcelona, to the unprecedented power of the single club league in Germany, to his ability at Man City to activate any release clause he wants. Pep has never never known struggle. That's the biggest criticism of Pep, and its valid.

Granted Pep knows how to get a team playing elite level football. But if you gave Pep and Klopp 100m to build up a squad over three years. After those three years, I think I know which team would be at a higher level
What a shit post.

You clearly don't understand football

Eleven years ago the talk amongst our fanbase was that, for a national stadium, Wembley is too small and having the semi against United and the final against Stoke with only having 34,000 and 29,000 tickets for each game respectively was a joke.

The season after we had what must have been a record for number of tickets sold at the new Wembley for one club as we had about 3/5 of the ground against Wigan (if not 3/4).

We have 44,000 season ticket holders and tens of thousands more who used to have one. Someone on here (might have been Prestwich Blue) confirmed we’ve seen over 20,000 season ticket holders give their season ticket up since the takeover, meaning in the last few decades we’ve had upwards of 65,000 season ticket holders. Plus all the other tens of thousands who’ve never had a season ticket.

The City support base is huge and I’m not having it that it’s so little we can’t fill half of Wembley. We have the fanbase in Manchester alone to fill a 65,000 Etihad every week and to fill Wembley every trip but we just don’t do it and for me it’s purely down to apathy (there are other excuses, but it’s mainly that). I know loads of Blues who don’t go to games, loads, well over two dozen. Some haven’t been to a game for years. I’m sure there are loads of match going fans who also know a lot of local blues who never go. These are the lads who should be taking up the slack when the regulars can’t afford or can’t be arsed to go, but for some reason with our support, our non-regulars/non-attenders don’t take up that slack, whereas they do at the other clubs.

It’s alright saying that it’s Cockneys taking up the slack at Liverpool and United, but they do actually have strict sales categories for both clubs.
Pretty much our entire fan base comes from the City were from. The Bin Dippers/Rags base doesnt. They have droves of plastic fans all over the country. Were just not like that (which is a good thing). Said on here before i went to see Liam in Amsterdam in Feb 2020 and met a load of lads from Barnsley. All 8 (40’s) were rags, we just don't have that plastic volume to take up any slack!! You only had to listen to the pre match fan interviews outside the ground, not one liverpool fan was a scouser…. Tells its own story.

The sheer volume of times we’ve been to Wembley diminishes its appeal. Never mind the current financial issues or the travel chaos. Its also easy to pass on tickets, no checks so just because the sale went to a season ticket holder doesnt mean the bin dippers season ticket holder went personally. They collect the points and pass them on easily to the plastic masses. It is what it is!!

Last edited:
Obviously dissapointed but we get over it and move on, the thing that really puzzles me is why are Liverpool fans so insecure? they have had some great sides to watch over the years, have a really good record of winning things, had some great managers & get good crowds but as soon as they win something they seem to have to start worrying about other clubs?
Bingo has to be "better" than pep, all there players have to be the "best" in the world, all the "this means more" crap etc, why cant they just enjoy there success without having to deride & put other clubs down?
When we win things the last thing on my mind is thinking about other clubs.

Pretty much our entire fan base comes from the City were from. The Bin Dippers/Rags base doesnt. They have droves of plastic fans all over the country. Were just not like that (which is a good thing). Said on here before i went to see Liam in Amsterdam in Feb 2020 and met a load of lads from Barnsley. All 8 (40’s) were rags, we just don't have that plastic volume to take up any slack!! You only had to listen to the pre match fan interviews outside the ground, not one liverpool fan was a scouser…. Tells its own story.

The sheer volume of times we’ve been to Wembley diminishes its appeal. Never mind the current financial issues or the travel chaos. Its also easy to pass on tickets, no checks so just because the sale went to a season ticket holder doesnt mean the bin dippers season ticket holder went personally. They collect the points and pass them on easily. It is what it is!!
I think only 6000 Liverpool ST holders have L postcodes anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.