Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

It’s easy to get behind the team when you are two nil up against your biggest rivals, who you also haven’t beaten for nearly three years

in the same circumstances the city end would have been rocking
Liverpool have a huge pool of glory-seeking fans to soak up excess tickets. They've had fewer recent trips to Wembley than City so selling a higher number was always to be expected. They had more than half the stadium because it was a semi and the usual "football family" mob who infest finals weren't in attendance.
We don't yet have fans to take the excess, however I'm sure all those that complain about not getting tickets for away PL games would have been there as would those who live on the south coast (for example) who never get to home games. Wouldn't they?

Record in FA Semis now won 11 lost 6, we hadn't lost for one since 1932 and 4 come along at once.

Pep has always had the rolls royce on call. Whether is was inheriting that ridiculous core of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta at Barcelona, to the unprecedented power of the single club league in Germany, to his ability at Man City to activate any release clause he wants. Pep has never never known struggle. That's the biggest criticism of Pep, and its valid.

Granted Pep knows how to get a team playing elite level football. But if you gave Pep and Klopp 100m to build up a squad over three years. After those three years, I think I know which team would be at a higher level
Will you be there to boo your women’s team today?

Is there a quicker route in the world to finding out someone knows fuck all about the history, culture and tactics of football to ask them their opinion of Pep Guardiola and for them to answer that he's not all that impressive because he's not managed Burnley to a quad or that he inherited the greatest Barcelona team with the world's greatest players.

It’s time these tributes were put to bed, they can only cause trouble. There’s plenty of disasters/loss of life that don’t remember in public, just keep it private. If Liverpool fans feel the need they can organise a remembrance at their own ground in a non match day.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but they’ve disrespected the Munich remembrance in the past and they’ve never acknowledged Hysel.

Time to stop now but I’ll say it one more time RIP the innocent 97.
Wasn't the anniversary on Friday? They should have done something at Anfield and left it at that. I'm not saying this out of disrespect, I worked in Liverpool at the time and was at our game at Blackburn when it happened. I saw how it moved the whole City and it was a tragedy that has helped football fans in this country get the facilities they deserve. And changed the way we were treated by the authorities at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.