Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I would love to know the genuine reason as to the lack of subs, seems so bizarre.

On the plus side I’m starting to really appreciate these city vs Liverpool games. A lot of snide challenges by both sides both the game is played at such a great tempo and high quality. Thought the ref was excellent today as well.

Still feels like yet another trophy thrown away unless all goes to plan in the next few months.
I think pep knew the game had gone and the only reason Mahrez came on was because of Jesus injury . Still mad over that sterling free kick

Fuck that was a tough watch. Foul for the first goal not given, a gift for the second and a misshit for the third which should have been saved. Had gabby scored on 70 they would have fallen apart. Despite the score we are the better team and they know it. Fully expect us to win the title. Oh and did anyone see how full their end was, plenty looked like they jibbed in surprise, surprise. Fucking scouse tramps

A few reflections on the drive home back to Altrincham. 1. We looked jaded. Understandably so. Even the players who didn't play in the game midweek would have been affected by the travel and I feared on the way to the game that we might not put in the kind of high energy, high commitment performance that we are used to in big games. We had a battle (literally) on Tuesday and their 1st XI put their feet up all week and it showed. 2. Steffen is our Cup goalkeeper just as Claudio and Willy have been in the past and we know that before the season starts. It gives the backup an incentive to train hard and feel part of the team ethos that City have clearly developed under Pep. He had a shocker for the 2nd goal, he obviously isn't as good as Eddy and it will be said that he cost us the game but I have no issues over selection and no beef with Pep for picking him. It's easy to point fingers when things don't go your way. 3. Fern is moving on at the right time. I love the guy, we will definitely miss his experience around the place and he could still do a job for someone in a lesser, slower league but his legs have gone at this level. 4. Jesus, Zinchenko and the other players that are getting hammered on here for not being good enough are good enough...they just aren't in our best XI which we need to play against Liverpool's best XI. They are about as good a backup player as you are likely to get and are key men for us in the run in against teams that aren't Liverpool. 5. We are still a very, very good football team and we are capable of winning every game between now and the end of the season. 6. Ake is looking like £40m well spent.

Really disappointing first half in which we didn't get going at all but stay calm Blues, be dignified in defeat and if you are feeling down just remember that this period of dominance will not last forever and make sure that you enjoy every single minute of it.....even the down moments.

See you all on Wed and in Madrid! CTID

Hmm. So that wasn’t great and I feel sorry for the blues it made a big effort to get down to Wembley before we knew how knackered and injured we were going to be post the Atletico game.

Sadly I think most of us knew that was coming. Managed to claw back a little bit of respect at the end but really I did not recognise us today. We just don’t play like that. Front three oddly toothless but maybe the problem was they weren’t getting the ball through midfield.
I do hope that Jack has a much better second season with us like many of our recruits have.

I also hope to God we don’t end up playing them in the Champions League final; that we get through against Real Madrid and play Villarreal.

I do hope that Jack has a much better second season with us like many of our recruits have. I just hope to God we don’t end up playing them in the Champions League final and that we get through against Real Madrid and play Villarreal.

Two things to go for now and hopefully today will give the squad and pep even more incentive to land them.

on we go

i don’t disagree with rotation, i’m the biggest advocate of it and frequently argue with my mates about it. however, when we consistently throw important games away it’s incredibly frustrating. also, the more and more they do this then the more and more the fans won’t be arsed going down to wembley for the semis. very frustrating game.

Do people think the back 4 were a problem today? I thought they performed well.

For me the first half was a disjointed midfield, off the pace Ferna and the forwards not being able to keep the ball.

Second half Ferna got a grip, the rearrangement of the forwards worked better and our pressing improved.

Oh slight issue was the apparition in net letting in 2 soft ones and also standing on his goal line shuffling around for some reason whilst the quickest forward player in england bore down on him
Weird when you consider we will 3 nil down before half time. But i kind of agree. The 6 in front of them (first half) and the donut in net were tragic

Think Ederson doesnt concede at least 2 of those goals. If not all 3. Looked like the ball may have gone out and curled back in for the header also.

Nearly rescued it but not to be!! Not unexpected with the changes made

I couldn’t believe we were still favourites with the bookmakers when the teams were announced
Our squad depth is a myth
Agree on both counts.

Past record suggests that a team with Steffen, Dinho and Zinchenko all starting shouldn’t be favourites.

And we have to do a fair bit of business in the summer.

Not easy letting players like Fernandinho leave and he can still have a good 10-15 minutes like he showed on Wednesday, but every time he’s started this year he’s looked well off the pace. We still need a left back and I would think that one or two of Gundogan, Sterling, Bernado and Jesus will leave this summer.

Big game on Wednesday and Brighton are playing well at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.