Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Honestly, I’m not one to criticise but that was horrendous. You just don’t start with this XI against Liverpool. What’s the point progressing into the final stages of cups if we keep throwing them away like this? Why wait until after the 80th minute to throw in players who can influence the game. Besides Foden’s instant impact after coming on in the first leg against AM, what’s going on with his dip in form. Grealish not doing enough to start in a game like this. Zinchenko not getting much game time lately really showed today. Anyone else bothered to run as hard as Bernado was?

Every City fan at the stadium today deserves a refund. Liverpool weren’t even anywhere near their best. Yet we have to rotate keepers because it’s a “cup tie”. As far as I’m concerned, we’ve probably got Liverpool thinking they can seriously go and get the quadruple from here.

I hope this doesn’t shatter our confidence and affect us keeping our heads in the league and CL. I’ll love them again tomorrow morning but that was seriously infuriating and we’ve only got ourselves and poor game management to blame for it.
Get a grip. Do you have any clue what condition some of the players are in? We’re a couple of injuries away from our season going tits up, Pep is trying to save their legs. Liverpool only just scraped through today and that was against our weakened team. One think I don’t agree on is not playing Ederson, we’d have won today if he played.

Fucking pissed off. Shite performances from several players and I don't think Pep was interested as his subs showed.

Second year in a row he's thrown a semi final and it's pissing me off now.

I thought after the Peterborough game that Zinchenko looked well off it, understandable given what’s going on in his country
I don’t think we can risk him again this season sadly.
Although might have no other option in the home leg against Real

No issues with Steffen when it comes to distribution, ederson also had to live in the moment and experience it, then learn from it. My issue was his shot stopping, especially the Mané volley, questionable positioning, and similarly, on the corner, ederson always comes and collects majority of them. Aké got bullied too easily by Konate but keeper could have done better too

I thought after the Peterborough game that Zinchenko looked well off it, understandable given what’s going on in his country
I don’t think we can risk him again this season sadly.
Although might have no other option in the home leg against Real
I think Ake is the more favourable option at the moment if and when we do change things, Tough game for Zinny today he hasn't played in a long time.

Walker (if fit)
Dias
Stones
Laporte/Ake for Madrid imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.