Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

They played benfica, we played athletico Madrid
There squad is not better they just were able to rest players
Milner, tmikas, Henderson, origi, Keira, Jones are average
They act like it is amazing then they had a few injuries last season, gave up and won fuck all!
Yes, playing Athletico twice must have taken a big toll, especially last Weds. But to say their squad is not better is wrong. They have generally bought very well and brought in good youngsters. You say Milner, Henderson, Origi, Keita, Jones are average - they are not world class but better than average. For them, their midfield is basically interchangeable.

Can we put to bed Zinch, Ake, Steffen are the same quality as those they replaced.

Bag of nerves, too slow, indecisive.
Get away with 1 of them but 3 in a back 5, disastrous in our game plan.

Should have changed tactics, no playing about at the back lads you just ain't good enough.

Bizarrely, had the Dippers arses going late on which seemed unbelievable.

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Kinell...some shite posted on here tonight.

Can we put to bed Zinch, Ake, Steffen are the same quality as those they replaced.

Bag of nerves, too slow, indecisive.
Get away with 1 of them but 3 in a back 5, disastrous in our game plan.

Should have changed tactics, no playing about at the back lads you just ain't good enough.

Bizarrely, had the Dippers arses going late on which seemed unbelievable.
Ake has been our best player over the last few games and was again today.

It's simple
We don't have the squad depth to cope when the going gets tough.
Liverpools squad is better in my opinion
Liverpool do have a stronger squad. As well as getting Jota and Diaz they also have another, very decent centre half and have brought through a few youngsters Elliott and Curtis.
I think we need an small clear out in the summer so that we can buy a striker, a midfielder and a left back. I personally think we can sell, Sterling, Gundo and allow Ferno to leave. We need pace up front. I think Haaland is quick not sure about Alvarez?

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Are you joking?

Pep has won something like 14 out of 16 cup finals.

Until Liverpool won the CL, Klopp had lost nearly every final he'd reached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.