Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Before I engage project Media Blackout can someone more learned put my mind at ease and convince me then cunts cant win a treble or day I say it a quad... Nah... Surely we've got enough in the tank and only Kyle long term out. Come on City!!

The problem is they can. They look fresher and stronger and their squad is now better, particular their forwards. They are resilient as well, they have been under the cosh a few times but always seem to draw or win. They have that luck you need as well. Unfortunately they are the real deal and we will have to keep all our key players fit to hopefully deny them the title and champions League if we both make the final.

We were bullied in midfield today. Foden and Bernado are lightweight. Without Ridri and Debryne there was no strength there. To accommodate Phil, Bernie had to play right side midfield. There was no balance.
I think Pep was right, not to bring on Debryne, he is to valuable to risk. Hopefully he will be fit and ready to go on Wednesday. It was hard to judge the team today. Liverpool were fresh and they smelt blood and the early goal settled them. There were times today when an early through ball was on and may have opened them up. None of our midfield saw these possibilities.
I think we will see a good performance on Wednesday. I hope Walkers injury clears up soon. If not, we could be without both our first choice fullbacks fir Madrid.

It took me back. First time in years my only hope at half time was to avoid a complete humiliation.

Sentiment and loyalty are qualities to be generally admired but not in a fkn FA Cup semi, Pep. I’ve never had any confidence in Steffen and - whilst OK to play him in early rounds - selection should be purely on merit at the business end of a competition. Who cares if there’s a turnover among reserve goalkeepers?

To be fair, our guys had every right to be jaded after some seriously sapping recent games but this was a mishmash and ultimately futile effort.

I agree completely about the players, it wasn't their fault

However, we need more depth if we want to compete properly. This is the second year in a row we've had to play a second string team in an fa cup semi final. It's really not good enough for what we want to be

Either buy another couple of players or spend time integrating Palmer / McAtee / Lavia so they can take some of the load off our main eleven
Am 50/50 with your post mate.
The weaknesses in the squad are still there and came back to bite us on the arse again. Especially against what is a hell of a team. Can't understand blues who slag Liverpool off for their abilities - they are top notch. Therefore, we were always on a hiding to nothing.
In games like this, the lack of a top striker tells, the situation with Rodri and no meaningful back up has been ongoing for 18 months. Ferna can't play 90 mins against a good team. Gabriel just doesn't score enough - big miss today. Raheem anonymous in a big game yet again yet him and Gabby are generally too good for most teams.
But the players are to blame too. Steffen had an absolute shocker, Bernardo misplaced so many passes and that first half is the worst I've seen since Pearce. Just like they all stood up last Weds, no one did first half
Still, potentially 10 huge games to go

let's leave the digging out of players and finger pointing until the end of the season and lets see .
yes we are short up front and sterling jesus are not prolific enough to be the main striker. they are being asked to do the job under so much pressure and its only human they fluff big chances.

we or should i say pep was in no man's land today and dare you risk the major prizes
i am 100% backing pep and only thing was ederson dropped that maybe was key today

will say if manchester city reach the champions league final and we end up playing liverpool and if pep got his fully fit starting 11 we beat them ? also maybe they will be shot by the time. i do see not much room for resting players in the league and now a FA cup final. so all am asking is please give pep and city a break and let see

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
So now Peps not an elite manager, I believe sean dyche is available, although don't think he'd win 8 trophys in 6 years, at least not at football.
Maybe try for the real elite like a manager who's so far won 3 trophys in 7 years Jurgen klopp.
Carefully what you wish for!

Today showed how difficult it is to be a reserve keeper. You need to play to maintain sharpness and Steffen looked like a player who hadn’t played in a while. He wasn’t in command did the first and was slow reacting for the 3rd. The second was a nightmare pure and simple. It doesn’t help that we’re playing a side who press very well, so much so our first choice back 4 and keeper struggled with the press last week. Our keepers need to be exceptional on the ball and sadly Zack isn’t good enough with ball at feet.

We needed to start well and spectacularly did not. Sadly Dinho can’t cope with a side like Liverpool so hopefully Rodri stays fit. Zinchenko mixed the ok with the very poor. Grealish needs to be mentally sharper, far too often he’s waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. Jesus did well at times but can’t believe he didn’t try rounding Alisson who committed early.

Our passing was poor today, far too many passes to the wrong foot, forcing the receiver to check back and slow us down. Both Foden and Bernardo struggled to get into the game. Sterling wasted the few good opportunities that came his way.

Bad day out but if the extra match hurts Liverpool with the League then it may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.