Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Maybe the answer lies with our transfer policy, Diaz Konate & Jota for a little more than a Jack Grealish

Yeah that's a problem.

Madness by our club spending that amount on a player the team didn't need.

We don't seem to be able to find a cheaper player, that has gone under the radar and that actually turns out to be a good player.

Yeah that's a problem.

We don't seem to be able to find a cheaper player, that has gone under the radar and that actually turns out to be a good player.
Yeah its very telling that if we miss out on our main target we just give up fixing that position until next year we can get some expensive target in.

Millions spent on scouting system yet we are basically reliant on what Pep says he wants in?

A bit concerning that we have one full injury in Walker (KDB on the bench) and the team looks knackered and disjointed.

Obviously missing the extra attacking forward that was Torres, a younger player to replace Fernandinho, an extra left back and the striker.

Our squad is thin and if we're going for all 4 cups each year those positions need filling - not just relying in Pep to work his magic.
Pep is getting a lot of stick tonight but you could argue that he is getting the absolute utmost out of an unbalanced and possibly past its peak squad.

Too many players are either not good enough in the first place (Jesus and Zinchenko for instance), others are simply not performing on a regular basis (such as Bernardo and Sterling) & we had to resort to a completely finished at this level Fern as he didn't feel that he could play Rodri.

The idea that we are just a quality striker away from the ideal squad is fanciful in my view. The start of a major rebuild needs to be this summer.

Edit: plus our marquee signing last summer just hasn't delivered. Obviously Pep wanted him so it's on him too that this is the situation (just to add some balance).

Last edited:
Yeah that's a problem.

Grealish aside and its still early days, name one player in our current squad who isn't excellent value against the fee we paid.

Yeah that's a problem.

Hopefully the lad Alvarez will start to change this.

Pep is getting a lot of stick tonight but you could argue that he is getting the absolute utmost out of an unbalanced and possibly past its peak squad.

Too many players are either not good enough in the first place (Jesus and Zinchenko for instance), others are simply not performing on a regular basis (such as Bernardo and Sterling) & we had to resort to a completely finished at this level Fern as he didn't feel that he could play Rodri.

The idea that we are just a quality striker away from the ideal squad is fanciful in my view. The start of a major rebuild needs to be this summer.
Disagree on major rebuild but players who are not good enough need to be replaced as well as signing striker and left back.

our transfer policy is terrible. We spend far too much and we dont plug the gaps in the squad and just hold on to players too long even if they can be upgraded quite easily.
I couldn’t disagree with you more on this tbh.

Bad day at the office. Two individual mistakes and we're 3-0 behind. Play better and we get back in the game but not good enough. Out of FA Cup. Ok, fair enough. Champions League till on. Pep has a plan. Trust me. He's on this %

It’s hard to be a goalie with the way we play. The way Liverpool pressed the goal kicks - 3 strikers all standing on the area line - and yet we continued to play that way and Steffen always showed for the ball after his 1st half mistake was impressive. That second half and Wednesday night - we’ve got balls and we’ll go the distance.

I do think it’s bollocks too but a friend of mine in Germany was glad to see the back of Pep because he said that Bayern would never win the champions league under Guardiola.. coincidence??
Na, Munich are a bunch of self entitled fuckers who go out of their way to weaken rival teams in the Bundesliga. They also wear the most ridiculous local attire I’ve ever seen at a football match.

Attachments

• C71A51DA-F83D-4161-8289-32DC690597EB.jpeg
    C71A51DA-F83D-4161-8289-32DC690597EB.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 22

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.