Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

So what does it refer to? Everything but The blindingly obvious 30 year plus fight for the truth?
Keeping up the highly impressive record of Liverpool fans joining BM and showing a complete lack of self awareness.
It’s a gift. Not a good one like telepathy or being able to eat a fruit pastel without chewing, it’s a really shit one that makes you sound exactly like the victim you all try so hard to deny.

So much to unpack in that last one.

Let's start with "perceived to be about Hillsborough". Only by Liverpool fans. Don't expect the rest of the world to be as sensitive to Hillsborough grief as the Hillsborough families. And a word to the wise, drop the insistence on silences on the anniversary of Hillsborough. We get it already, it was bad, we are sorry for you that it happened but really, after all this time, it doesn't have the same place in the national psyche as it did 25 years ago. Your club wants to pay respect? Do it privately. You know, like you did this year for Heysel the day you had a celebratory parade. Did we talk about hypocrisy yet?

Next. Oil money. What exactly is wrong with oil money? Or you mean Arab money? You probably don't want to go there. Ignoring that, what does the provenance an owner's money have to do with anything as long as it's not illegal?

Then. State takeovers. You are saying we are state-owned? Can you provide any evidence that we are not majority owned in a private capacity by Mansour? No you can't. Because if you could, the FA, the PL, UEFA or CAS would also have presented it. It just isn't true.

Lastly, then enough for now. Financial doping. Presumably you mean the same as Klopp - we can spend as much as we want. No we can't, with the introduction of FFP we are subject to the same rules as everyone else. Also just not true.

So the three issues you raise are all bollocks, to put it politely. If they are the causes of your sense of injustice, I humbly ask you to think again.

Oh yes. Happy Christmas to you too :)

Intelligent post mate.

If we simplify things, take it down to level a 6 year old would think about things, the above narrative simply boils down to one thing and one thing only.

Jealousy.

Liverpool fans are literally 6 year olds tantruming because they aren’t getting their own way.

It is a Hillsborough mocking chant, conflating the 1985 and 1989 disasters, and was always intended to be by the United fans who came up with it.
It is not used in that context anymore , there are enough other reasons listed many times why that song is now sung and NONE relate to Hillsborough

It is a Hillsborough mocking chant, conflating the 1985 and 1989 disasters, and was always intended to be by the United fans who came up with it.
If it’s conflating why is it not about Heysel?

Keeping up the highly impressive record of Liverpool fans joining BM and showing a complete lack of self awareness.
It’s a gift. Not a good one like telepathy or being able to eat a fruit pastel without chewing, it’s a really shit one that makes you sound exactly like the victim you all try so hard to deny.
It’s often the first time some of them have left the echo chamber

They are hearing rebuttal for the first time and the arguments hold no weight outside of the bubble

Going to make this my last post here as I can't keep up with all the responses and it's probably a pointless exercise and frustrating for all concerned.

However, I agree with this to a large extent. It hurts to think that we haven't won as much as we feel the team deserves over recent years and the on pitch rivalry obviously heats things up.

From our perspective, we will point towards oil money, state take overs and financial doping. You will point towards Liverpool's apparent sense of entitlement, petulance, and unjust frustration leading to over the top behaviour, e.g the coach. The usual football tribalism and rivalry etc.

However, what I came here to say originally was the commentary on here seemed unbelievably biased and short sighted and overlooks plenty of poor behaviour of City supporters. City fans aren't squeaky clean. I've never been pelted with things like I have at City or United in the past for example.

And whatever you say, the shout of always the victims, is perceived as being about Hillsborough. And you can't underestimate the impact Hillsborough and the aftermath had on so many in this city. As a scouse Liverpool supporter, I'm telling you these chants from City, and others, have ramped up recently and are playing the most significant part in the current ill feeling and incidents in our support, such as some of those occurring last night. Nor the football rivalry.

Both sides need to take responsibility was ultimately all I wanted to say. I'll leave it there for now.
You’ve had your day out
Now fuck off home !

As a Liverpool fan I am ashamed of the scum who threw missiles into your end last night. It's cowardly. Looking on RAWK some reds saw missiles thrown last night and have said they will report it.
I follow Liverpool home and away and the only fans we have trouble with are united, Chelsea,Everton and recently you lot. The fans of those clubs all have one thing in common, they are the most vociferous with their heysel, Hillsborough and (bar everton) anti Scouse songs. Of course forest are trying to join the group now.
We can go to any other away game and it's a pleasant experience, even at arsenal,spurs,West ham and Leeds.
Reading these posts on here I can only hope you are just being brave behind your keyboards because if you came out with the abuse you spout on here you'd get a kicking sooner or later.
I met city fans at Leicester before the community shield and we got on well. The league game at anfield this season saw city fans in pubs around anfield getting no hassle at all
I am not making excuses but if you keep insulting fans all the time they will respond in kind.
We have very few hooligans, that isnt our thing these days. We learnt after heysel. Maybe that's the trouble, we are seen as a soft touch you can insult us all you like knowing you wont get battered. Would you goad leeds, millwall or united relentlessly? No of course not.
You lot are far from blameless. The Muppets next to the away fans for league games at the etihad do nothing but goad. Not to mention throwing coins.
You want it to stop......it'll take both sets f fans to have a look at their own behaviour
What a load of shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.