Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

PL match on 1 April (that's a good one, too, isn't it?)

It's by no means impossible that we get drawn against them in the CL before that. If it's over two legs then I'm frankly expecting the worst. Especially at their place.
Rather not get them in the Champions League. Or any English clubs tbh. Shite record against them aside, we play the cunts at least twice a season already, we're already going to play the dippers a minimum of 4 times this season and Chelsea 3 times. More interesting to play a side from the continent and the chance to go somewhere either new or that we haven't been in a while for an away day.

Always the victims is a shithouse way of taunting us about Hillsborough and you know it.
You saying that - incorrectly - is EXACTLY the point of the song. Hillsborough was absolutely not your fans' fault. You were the victims of a perfect storm of incompetence and a long-term, determined attempt to cover up those failures. While there's still idiots who trot out the Sun's line, most know the true circumstances now.

But your fans have taken that appalling set of circumstances and overlaid it onto everything that's happened to you since, real or imagined.

Heysel - another combination of failures of officialdom but the defining act of that tragedy was the victims being killed when that wall collapsed, after your hooligan element had charged them. "But they threw things at us" or the ludicrous "I heard a lot of Southern accents" from your own. CEO or chairman, which led him to claim it was Chelsea hooligans. I don't know if he ever expressed contrition for that statement or not, but it was a classic case of "always the victims", being blamed for the mythical wrongdoing of another group of fans.

The whole Thatcher/anti-establishment thing (which is relatively new in my experience, like the last few years). "We boo the National Anthem because of Thatcher's attitude to Merseyside". But Thatcher wasn't the Queen, or even a member of the Royal Family. And many places suffered far worse than Liverpool, particularly the coal-mining areas. Again "always the victims".

The "Allez, allez, allez" song, particularly the line "battered in the streets". It clearly refers to just that one night in Kyiv, nothing else. Yet you made it about Sean Cox then created a media storm when the City players were heard to sing it on the flight back from Brighton. Again, always the victims.

This ridiculous thought transference that "We were justified in throwing flares and coins because someone (probably an Everton fan) wrote the word 'kopites' on a toilet door".

You rightly condemn the 'Sun was right' chant yet feel quite justified in mocking the hundreds of victims of mass murderer Harold Shipman. You mocked the Munich air disaster (as did quite a few City fans until we stamped it out) yet get upset when other fans sing 'Feed the scousers'.

Those, and other, things are what the song is about, not Hillsborough.

Always the fucking victims.

Last edited:
So Paris Champions League final (Liverpool fans) trouble without tickets or counterfeit tickets jumping the turnstiles never happened, did it ? Go and watch the replay of the final and take a look at the Liverpool end of the ground and fans standing on the stairs between seating sections,

again Klopp said

'Paris is big enough to go without a ticket and have a good time': Jurgen Klopp tells Liverpool fans to flock to France for the Champions League final regardless of having a ticket - even though the club's official guidance tells them NOT to go!​

the reporting fans saying we had tickets hahahahahahahaha

Mate I think we are agreeing with each other , the original quote said the song was a Hillsborough reference. I was saying it isn't there are many other reasons to sing it , such as the example you have given

As a scouse Liverpool supporter, I'm telling you these chants from City, and others, have ramped up recently and are playing the most significant part in the current ill feeling and incidents in our support, such as some of those occurring last night. Nor the football rivalry.

Both sides need to take responsibility was ultimately all I wanted to say. I'll leave it there for now.
Let's look at the genesis of this intense rivalry - prior to Liverpool's fans trashing City's bus there was no issue.
City and City's fans impeccably observing and respecting the tribute to those who died on Leppings Lane on the 25th anniverary in 2014.
During that game Liverpool fans cheered and mocked Yaya Toure when taken off injured early in the game and after the game a minibus or coach was attacked.....
City showed great respect that day. The same can't be said from Liverpool fans.

Then the players coach was attacked. And City fans had now had enough and the gloves came off.
I personally don't like and would never sing the chant in question - the fact remains though that the actions - and disrespect to both MCFC and their fans - by Liverpool fans was the catalyst for what we are now witnessing.
Hold your hand up and take ownership of your fans behaviours regarding this escalation in trouble between the two clubs.

You saying that - incorrectly - is EXACTLY the point of the song. Hillsborough was absolutely not your fans' fault. You were the victims of a perfect storm of incompetence and a long-term, determined attempt to cover up those failures. While there's still idiots who trot out the Sun's line, most know the true circumstances now.

But your fans have taken that appalling set of circumstances and overlaid it onto everything that's happened to you since, real or imagined.

Heysel - another combination of failures of officialdom but the defining act of that tragedy was the victims being killed when that wall collapsed, after your hooligans element had charged them. "But they threw things at us", "I heard a lot of Southern accents" from your own. CEO or chairman, which led him to claim it was Chelsea hooligans. I don't know if he ever expressed contrition for that statement or not, but it was a classic case of "always the victims", being blamed for the mythical wrongdoing of another group of fans.

The whole Thatcher/anti-establishment thing (which is relatively new in my experience, like the last few years). "We boo the National Anthem because of Thatcher's attitude to Merseyside". But Thatcher wasn't the Queen, or even a member of the Royal Family. And many places suffered far worse than Liverpool, particularly the coal-mining areas. Again "always the victims".

The "Allez, allez, allez" son, particularly the line "battered in the streets". It clearly refers to just that one night in Kyiv, nothing else. Yet you made it about Sean Coxm then created a media storm when the City players were heard to sing it on the flight back from Brighton. Again, always the victims.

This ridiculous thought transference that "We were justified in throwing flares and coins because someone (probably an Everton fan) wrote the word 'kopites' on a toilet door".

You rightly condemn the 'Sun was right' chant yet feel quite justified in mocking the hundreds of victims of mass murderer Harold Shipman. You mocked the Munich air disaster (as did quite a few City fans until we stamped it out) yet get upset when other fans sing 'Feed the scousers'.

Those, and other, things are what the song is about, not Hillsborough.

Always the fucking victims.

Thank you Colin, you have far more patience than me.

So what does it refer to? Everything but The blindingly obvious 30 year plus fight for the truth?
It refers to the fact that you blame literally everything on everyone else. LFC: Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything.

39 people died at Heysel and your club decided to hold a trophy parade on the anniversary of the tragedy. Whose fault is that? Ours? Chelsea? The Queen? Thatcher?

Let's look at the genesis of this intense rivalry - prior to Liverpool's fans trashing City's bus there was no issue.
City and City's fans impeccably observing and respecting the tribute to those who died on Leppings Lane on the 25th anniverary in 2014.
During that game Liverpool fans cheered and mocked Yaya Toure when taken off injured early in the game and after the game a minibus or coach was attacked.....
City showed great respect that day. The same can't be said from Liverpool fans.

Then the players coach was attacked. And City fans had now had enough and the gloves came off.
I personally don't like and would never sing the chant in question - the fact remains though that the actions - and disrespect to both MCFC and their fans - by Liverpool fans was the catalyst for what we are now witnessing.
Hold your hand up and take ownership of your fans behaviours regarding this escalation in trouble between the two clubs.
No chance from the cult I’m afraid

Final, final post as I saw this and couldn't help but respond.

I had family and friends in the thick of it and know the impact on them. This isn't just football banter to many people.

If I started mouthing off about death to someone else who had been affected by it, even without the horrific circumstances of hillsborough, I would expect a smack in the mouth.

I'll leave it there.
Thank fuck, good riddance.

Mate I think we are agreeing with each other , the original quote said the song was a Hillsborough reference. I was saying it isn't there are many other reasons to sing it , such as the example you have given

yep matey

we are on the same page ? i think hahahah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.