Liverpool Game is a must Win

It's quite simple - if we want top 4 then it's a absolutely must win as it makes it harder for the team most likely to pip us to that position to do so.

If we're not bothered about top 4 this season then it's not. But we need a good win to steady the ship. If we lose badly on Sunday then Mancini is clearly a lame duck manager for the rest of the season.

Lancet Fluke said:
the goats backside said:
Hombre is that a contradiction

No. There is a difference between the meaning of the word must and the phrase could really do with.

Thank you!

If we lose this though I very much doubt anyone but Liveprool will take 4th spot

Am taking the piss, if we are to finish 4th sunday is a must win, pool have by far the easier run in, we need to make a gap, all this game in hand is stupid, by the time we play it we could be playing catch up

the goats backside said:
Am taking the piss, if we are to finish 4th sunday is a must win, pool have by far the easier run in, we need to make a gap, all this game in hand is stupid, by the time we play it we could be playing catch up

I don't agree that they have a particularly easier run in. All sorts of things happen in terms of form in the last part of the season. If we could predict results according to how games look on paper then we'd be rich but it doesn't work like that. Not to mention the fact that Liverpool have fucked up in matches like Brimingham at home and Portsmouth, Blackburn and Wolves away, just to mention a few, so I don't look at them and think they are nailed on to beat anyone, quite frankly.

Fair point, but on paper we would swap fixtures, that would mean pool have to play our rivals, but as it stands we have to and we have to do well, not to mention we need to pick points up away at fulham, sunderland etc, not much proof we can do that

This is our best chance of getting 4th place. If we get beaten by Liverpool it will be a body blow for the team and may not recover from. We should of taken all 3 points at Anfield and now it is time for City to put it up to them. Gerrard has not hit the highs of seasons past. There defence is shocking this year and is a chance for us to get at them from the off. Our forwards seem to be in the goals while Liverpool havn't been smashing them in.

They will set up to sneak it 1-0 but if we play the right players we can get at them and get the win. In this game we need Ireland in the side. It will be hard to break down there midfield but if Ireland is given space he is the one who can unlock the Liverpool defence. I can see Mancini going with the 3 central of Barry , De Jong and Ireland. With Tevez up front and on the wings Johnson and Swp get Barry and De Jong sitting in midfield let the wide men and Ireland get into the box as much as they can. If Bellers is fit I can see him taking the place from Johnson. Get at them from the off and put pressure on there defence.

Time for De Jong to prove his worth in this game to some on here he should be given the man marking role on Gerrard keep him quite and I can see City getting the 3 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.