Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Ref messed up big time and made this more difficult but cant blame the ref for Ota falling on his arse and giving Liverpool away goal. Another game we couldnt keep it going for a full 90mins. Thats now 8 goals in 3 games our defense has given away and still not putting enough chances away....Great first 45mins but thats the problem....a game is 90mins!! Oh well, lets get the prem sorted as soon as poss!!!!

Disappointed but at least we will have something Liverpool will never have

Kompany-City-1.jpg

They might have another Champions league trophy though, something we have never had.

They have 20 league titles to fall back on.

I don't blame our players for letting their heads drop... with the chances we had not going in, it's hard enough without their(officials) bent decisions chipping away at the hope they have. I can feel it and I'm not even on the pitch it must be double when you're busting a gutt playing them off the park for most of the game.

About 40 chances for us and 3 goals and about 7 chances for the opposition and 5 goals conceeded.

THAT is the problem - not referees.

100 referees could not stop you winning if you do even slightly better than that at either end.

Two poor second halves after two great first halves is a pattern too and not a conspiracy.

We have to win Saturday as losing 4 on the trot will do huge damage to next season even given we do limp over the line this season as of course we will.

This awful week HAS to end fast or our fantastic season will be tarnished and other teams hugely encouraged for next season.

Winning the game tonight even when losing the tie should have been a minimum. But to twice be the better side by miles and capitulate at home is a bit of a concern over mentality somewhere.

Saturday has become one huge game and we have to show we can win again at Wembley.

Last edited:
Reminds me of last season
Poor decisions in every game catch up with you eventually

We have overcome them most of season but in big games recently the decisions are key and pivotal

You can’t have 3/4 decisions against you at top level and win

Think we’ll set some records in pRem now and finish on a high

3/4 decent signings and well do same next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.