Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 10 Apr 2018.

1. bobmcfc

bobmcfc

Reminded me of Stephen Jordan tonight. Had flashbacks of his defending in the 8-1 loss to boro

2. blue cigar

blue cigar

You cant beat the referee as well.

3. domalino

domalino

Leaving refereeing shitshows and really this entire game aside, I think when we look back at this season in a few months we'll realise that we were just spread a bit too thin. Not now necessarily, but over Christmas and January and it caught up about a month ago.

De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Walker...they've all played too much football this season and have all lost form for the last month to 6 weeks. Sané and Sterling also look a little off it and I wonder if it's mental fatigue with those two as much as anything. Bad luck with some absences too, Mendy and Silva's long time off can't be predicated for. The management obviously thought Yaya would feature a lot this season too after the way he ended 16/17 but that went out of the window early doors.

We're going to get 2 more players in the summer, maybe a 3rd in Maffeo, and I suspect that will make a monumental difference at the end of the season, just being able to rest and rotate throughout Christmas.

For now, we've got Spurs followed by 5 straight forward league games in which to cement this sides place in Premier League history. The points, goals and wins records are all within pretty easy reach. A league and cup double is a fantastic season, the most successful season in the club's history when you factor in the dominance in the league.

4. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

We will sort our defense next season. Right now it is still work in progress.

5. jared

jared

Mostly due to us playing a high line and giving them one on one chances

6. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Valiant effort in the first half but fine margins (Bernardo hitting the post) and poor refereeing (two wrongly disallowed Sané goals and Salah's goal that should have been ruled out) have ultimately cost us. We need to improve defensively though that's for sure.

7. NoahCity

NoahCity

don't seem em beating Real Madrid/Bayern (will have to play at least one of those).

8. bluke

bluke

Politics mixing with football is something I've always been afraid of

9. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

Needed another in the first half. Can’t believe we were stitched up again.

10. ballinio

ballinio

Luck ? Lol