Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt care less about this game....

The league is all that matters now......play the B team and rest key players for Spurs....of course Pep wont do this and no one would expect him to.

Our team certainly has the ability to score 5 on Tuesday. Unfortunately I don' think they have the character when the chips are down .

Ederson
Walker Kompany Laporte Delph
De Bruyne Fernandinho Silva
Sterling Aguero Sane

I was debating between Kompany and Stones as Stones would bring a better passing game out from the back to help exploit Liverpool's high press but we can't have too many wet arses and Stones is liable to become one. Which is why I also would go for Delph, we need an infectious bite to our game that will motivate the more meek players to assert themselves and not become passive like they have the past 2 games. Laporte should also start over Otamendi who is falling back into his old headless chicken ways and I think Laporte is a better defender and passer of the ball anyway.

Last edited:
I was euphoric at the prospect of the last week's games but now feeling deflated, very very difficult to see beyond a damp squib rubber stamp approach from the cult on Tuesday.

They literally have both the cake and an option to eat it, if the cult go hard early and smash some early goals again they're laughing (as our defence looks comically fragile currently), if they park up and sit back they're laughing because we didn't even look like troubling Karius in the first leg.

Most of all, and I said it in my pre-derby post, if the manager tools around at such a critical point in the season with a below full strength team it will mess with the players and fans confidence, the players he swapped in to positions (Gundog, Bernie, Danilo, Sterling) are not KDB, Aguero, Walker quality yet. I love Pep for what he's brought to the club this season but he got that game all wrong and I hope there's some proper thinking done about pragmatic defending being plugged into matches when we're 2-0 up in season defining games or away in Champions league games requiring an away goal. This stuff is hardly strategic f**king rocket science, schoolboy errors in both games, and if we don't cut them out we'll get a right schooling again on Tuesday.

Come on City, pay attention and turn this glitch around starting Tuesday!

After the last two debacles, this game had better be the game we will be talking about for years to come (I mean in a good way, not bad).

Pep's has really stuck his neck out for this game, so he and the players need to deliver on Tuesday night.

I couldnt care less about this game....

The league is all that matters now......play the B team and rest key players for Spurs....of course Pep wont do this and no one would expect him to.
Really? Don't fancy trying to become a European super team? Our support is really weird.

I was one of those supporters who said that winning against the scum yesterday wasn't as important, but after being at the game and being 2-0 up, I feel absolutely livid that we let chance to win the league there and then, slip away so easily.

Pep made no tactical changes to players until after they had scored the third goal! He was like a rabbit in an oncoming car's headlights that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.