Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Disappointing result. Our squad strength is lighter and weaker than last season. I know it's early days for them before I'm jumped on but Nunez and Kovacic look poor panic buys

Upfront we are poor. Foden has treaded water for a couple of years now. He still lacks consistency and hasn't reached the levels everyone thought he would. Alvarez blows hot and cold. Doku has promise, Grealish we know about. All of them don't score enough to help Haaland out. We need a powerful goalscoring Tevez type but where are they?

We also seem easier to play through this season and to get at our defence.

It's weird. There are times you can see how good we are, in the first half at times Liverpool couldn't get near us. We were robbed though, no way was that a foul on Alison it was a ridiculous decision.

Still we are top for now but our last two games we have the see them as four points dropped.

Not really at it at all this season so far…… still top for now which bodes well for when we actually start playing well for 90mins.

Said earlier it would be 1-1 and Guardiola would get it wrong. Got abused by ‘top blues’.

Some things never change
You said we could get beat 3-1. If you're a city fan I'll eat my hat. Do one, you're only on here to cause mischief. You stand out like a Liverpool fan on a city site.
Don't get upset and throw it back on everyone.

Super city.

Still not seen anything yet to make me worried about the title. Far from our best today, and missing key players, but thought we were comfortably better than the second best team in the league. Get Stones & De Bruyne back in the new year and we’ll step up again, as we always do.

Always take a point if it's a tricky game after an international break, especially with all the injuries we've had. Performance was a bit disjointed and flat so a point against them lot is fine. 12.30 KOs are always strange, nobody is ever up for them, so anything could have happened. With all that in mind a point is fine.

Think you can tell from the lack of subs that Pep didn't think Lewis, Gvardiol, etc. were fit enough either. Liverpool themselves were flat too - when they nicked that equaliser I thought they'd go on and win it but they just switched back into second gear and didn't push. Both managers will go away happy enough.

Thought the Akanji/Alisson/Dias thing was soft but fair enough - Akanji has impeded him unfortunately and we'd want it given our way of that was Matip on Eddie.

We'll be ready for Spurs next week.
But the significant difference is that if it was Matip on Eddie it would be allowed.

The City of the past few Seasons would have gone on to win that by 3 clear goals.
A lack of flair, creativity and finishing around goal is diminished as we labour to finish a game off.
No KdB is massive but so is no Gundog and Mahrez who had a good conversion rate .
It brings into question some of our summer business.
It’s certainly not flowing for us and hasn’t really flowed all season to be honest.

Lots of times today when we picked up the ball at the edge of their box, we seemed to check back and appeared uncertain how to progress with it, often passing it back. Strange to see and it’s all just slightly off at the moment.

We probably wouldn’t be playing Haaland and Alvarez together in the bigger games if KdB was fit but we’ve got no choice at the moment and hopefully we can improve the squad in January.

Apart from Gundogan’s ability we sorely miss his leadership as well.

1-0 vs Wolves and we lose, 4-3 up vs Chelsea and we draw, 1-0 up here today and we draw.

its becoming theme, we need to work out and solve this issue before another 3 games of leading but not having the killer instinct to kill it off before we allow them back in. improvement needed both upfront and at the back too.
+controlling the midfield too.

quite a sick season with multiple teams so close.
if fucking rags grab a win tomorrow they are only 5 points worse than us after 13 rounds, that is sick given how awful they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.