Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Fair result in the end in my opinion.

The league have proper shafted us with this run of fixtures.

United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs.

All potential top 6 clubs.

They have done it again in February

United, Liverpool, Brighton, Arsenal.

I bet no other club will play a run of 4 or 5 games against top 6 opponents!

Hopefully we can get a win against Spurs then go on a run up to the Xmas period.
I like that they always fuck us with fixtures around the big CL games and Intl Breaks!

Other leagues try to help their CL teams, as it elevates their League and improves the country’s coefficient for an extra position. Not the PL!! Rich getting richer is not right…unless it’s the “right” clubs!

Sick of it all, tbh! Just glad I get to watch my beloved team beat most other teams, while playing some of the most beautiful, tactically and technically proficient football ever seen.

Not sure anything in my (sporting) life will ever eclipse Aguerrrrrrrrrrrrrrro and last season’s Treble, so it all feels like the cherry on the icing on the cake at this moment!

It’d be nice to set yet another record by being the first to win 4 in a row, but with the spiteful agenda inside football that is growing regarding City and the 115, it all feels like we are heading for a bloody nose, Pep leaving, and who knows what else?!

Can’t see us skating. Too much money and too many reds at the top of English football to “let City get away with it,” whether we have done anything or not!

I’d love nothing more than to beat every one if the 115 charges, but petty shit like “cooperation” will be hung around our necks and we won’t get away without SOMETHING sticking. Cue the “See, we told ya! Cheats!” from every know nothing, and the “asterisk of history” will be on every other club’s fans lips forever.

It writes itself that we will NEVER be given our due for being a club that revolutionized British football and became the most successful growth club in the world in a generation, while breaking FOOTBALL records right, left and center! No, it’ll be “They cheated!” whether we are found guilty of non-cooperation or the whole enchilada!

And, I don’t care, because I know what I think about the club and that’s all that matters to me!

Last edited:
If we're maybe four points off top, at worst, come the new year, I'll be confident.

And that's at worst, I don't see that happening.
Get these next two games out the way, hopefully with 6 points, and we do really have a generous run of 10 games where I'd really expect us to manage to build up a bit of a gap at the top.

In terms of fairness - no it shouldn't have been disallowed.
In terms of the laws of the game - it's a crappy not fit for purpose law - and under that shit law it should have been ruled out unfortunately.
Which Law are you referring to when you say it should be ruled out?

Oh FFS do one. Some folk never happy. Out players have played more games than any other team over last 12 months. Shit happens
It’s a bit of a bullshit post, to be fair. Lassel actually stated that we would lose 3-1 but was hoping for a draw due to the fact that Klopp had the psychological edge over Pep.

You‘ve got to love revisionism, especially when the original post is there for all to see.

Last edited:
Not the best result but what did Pep get wrong?
Not much really, but klopp used alll 5 of his subs, so basically had a fresh team for last 15-20 minutes, wheras we didn't use one, this is an error for me, but It's something Pep does quite a bit in tight games, he'll know why.

Changes I'd have made yesterday, before they scored, I'd have brought on another midfield player, as we never really controlled that all game, maybe even another defender to tighten it up.

That said, we should have won, we had good chances, they had few.

I still get annoyed with our inability to have shots from outside the area. There were several occasions yesterday where players were lined up perfectly for a shot, but they all decided to pass it outside. Is this from Pep, is he always striving for that perfect goal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.