Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

The 4th is the Answer Mr President, What is the question?
giphy.gif

What date in July is Independence day and after what goal did I feel confident the good guys would win at the recent City v Dippers soccer game?

The only response i got was that City raised their game because the crowd noise was louder. Everyone skulked away.I not posted anything to them since the game, my lack of response and indifference is killing them
Post a link to last year's game at the Etihad, Liverpool shit it with the atmosphere. A load of Norwegians singing some depressing shite from the 60's off a hymn sheet for 5 mins doesn't make a great atmosphere, despite what the media cants would have you believe about Anfield.

I watched the game again this morning, a few things caught my eye.

One was how often they by pass the midfield, knowing we play the high line it was long ball after long ball, almost Wimbledon esq but without the big man

Two, was if you get at the full backs it totally nullifys them as an attacking unit.

Three, how shit is Allison, the best goalkeeper in the whole wide world, he didn't get near any of the goals, the Mahrez disallowed goal was shocking keeping, almost de gea standards, beaten at his near post, finally how many clearances did he slice into the stands under no pressure at all, dog shit.
They play like that versus everyone ,they didn't used to but last and this season they lob it long from the back and go over the best midfielders in the world,allison is white up against decent towards and his distribution is way behind eds ,he can't play out like we do,u really don't know why they get told they play the best football,they dont

It was one of them games when I wished fans could have been there , I think the atmosphere would have been immense despite losing league.
Would certainly have been better than the 2 home derbies which were poor for derbies imo.
I was worried about losing home advantage but I think the players are in such a focussed mindset that it didn't matter,they are shit without their crowd

I watched the game again this morning, a few things caught my eye.

One was how often they by pass the midfield, knowing we play the high line it was long ball after long ball, almost Wimbledon esq but without the big man

Two, was if you get at the full backs it totally nullifys them as an attacking unit.

Three, how shit is Allison, the best goalkeeper in the whole wide world, he didn't get near any of the goals, the Mahrez disallowed goal was shocking keeping, almost de gea standards, beaten at his near post, finally how many clearances did he slice into the stands under no pressure at all, dog shit.
Good analysis.

One thing is though I'd say your first point and your second point should be switched around. They went long BECAUSE we nullified their full backs.

A lot of that was down to playing Rodri and Gundogan together which meant we were consistently posing a threat on the counter by consistently bypassing their press so they couldn't risk committing their fullbacks high up the pitch.

VIDEO-2020-07-04-22-58-14.mov

Not sure if this link will work as it was text to me by a Liverpool fan but absolutely brilliant

very very funny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.