Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

Liverpool have one of the most obvious game plans but it's just so effective. They do a little drop off from midfield and Van Dijk, Arnold or Robertson will just long ball it into the gap between the full back and centre half.

Mane and Salah are so difficult to track and Garcia will have learnt so much from that in the 1st half.

After that we blew them away.
Their play relies on mental and physical fitness for 90 minutes, very few moments of brilliance in VARpool's play just loads of tiny defensive errors that lead to space for the winger which usually lead to goals for them. Defenders and D-Midfielders normally have to be on their game for 90mins because of what you say about Salah and Mane, and lets be honest, most of them aren't.

But the game's being played at a "slightly" slower pace with much less continual intensity (Drinks breaks? I get it but...) and that doesn't suite their play, there's much less mental fatigue.

It suits ours perfectly as skilful should always beat hard-work...
(There's a quote in there somewhere)

Remember all those dildos a few weeks back on here saying shit like "think I'll fuck football off now" and "not really missed the game much"?

Give us a wave you absolute vaginas.
I hadn’t missed the sport while it was off, not one bit to be honest.

And I’ve not really enjoyed any game yet since it’s been back, I barely flinch when we score, last night I raised a little fist to the air and a “yes” for the first time in our five games.

And I’ve only watched City, can’t get up for watching anyone else yet.

The no fans thing is genuinely awful! It’s like watching a video of a training session or playing a game of FIFA on my phone while I’m sat on the loo. Doesn’t quite feel real, barely has friendly feel to it.

Kev said after the Newcastle game on Sunday; “I don’t enjoy playing like this but I’m a professional and have to do my job”. Much the same that I don’t enjoy watching like this.

After a re-watch of the match over lunch time I noticed that Kyle Walker had a very disciplined performance last night. Not too many adventurous runs forward which meant that we were less exposed to their favourite tactic of putting Mane through with a long crossfield diagonal from The Annoying Acronym. Allowing Foden to drift into the space between Robertson and Van Dijk also made the former more unsure of whether to go forward too which prevented Mendy from getting overloaded. Excellent tactical disply from Pep & the lads.
Pep nullified their biggest threat by keeping mane quiet, our attacking system was so fluid it was too much for Liverpool to cope with, an absolute tactical masterclass from pep. Also using our wingers to roam inside caused them all kinds of problems.

He did say it - its quite a famous quote from him (though I may have not got it word for word)

Point me to where else I have self congratualted myself in my whole time on BM (about 13-14 yrs I belive) before this game - And I was only forced to do it to defend my point - I wouldnt have said anything otherwise.

Again you believe you know something about someone that you have never met to the point you can say something about my psychological state. - thats presumptious (and completely wrong) to say the least.

You yet again choose to ignore the positive points in my previous long post though (which you asked for a precise of) - probably cause it doesnt fit your narrative.

Keep going though if you want but lets stick to the facts about the game - its too easy to tart throwing insults - its pretty base level
One of his best quotes that;

Breaking: Garcia is at hospital for surgery . Doctors are trying to take dish satellite out from his back pocket.

After a re-watch of the match over lunch time I noticed that Kyle Walker had a very disciplined performance last night. Not too many adventurous runs forward which meant that we were less exposed to their favourite tactic of putting Mane through with a long crossfield diagonal from The Annoying Acronym. Allowing Foden to drift into the space between Robertson and Van Dijk also made the former more unsure of whether to go forward too which prevented Mendy from getting overloaded. Excellent tactical disply from Pep & the lads.
I said in the MOTM thread that our two full backs were our best two players last night.

They were the two who gave the ball away the least, they were the two up against their best two players and they defended excellently against both of them.

No as I posted earlier the VAR ref was wrong.

'Exactly. The process should have been ( and the same for Kane's disallowed goal)
1. Did the ball touch an attacking team player's hand/arm - yes
2. Was that as a result of foul play - yes so not handball
3. Should a free kick have been awarded or should advantage have been played - attacking team scored so advantage correct decision by the referee.
4. Goal stands.'

Well, what "should have been" isn't what's in the laws.
yep

no other way could foden move his arm because he was fouled and taken out from behind ? in the law you can not tackle from behind even if you get the ball first your coming through a player and clearly a foul ? VAR are cleaver in pin pointing the ball to arm but what about the foul ??

its sent a message again to manchester city for next season that VAR will fuck us over every chance they get ? we must destroy teams and put anyway more of our chances and kill games off like last night. and VAR can not do much about the results other than change the winning scoreline

Neither is you can't tackle from behind. It was in the laws 20 years ago, as a straight red, but not for long.

They'll get help, as usual, but they're just not good enough to win it even with the help
What's weird is that there's this way of playing football in England that works generally poorly elsewhere but can do wonders in England.

If you have a hard working team of physically big/strong players who can defend decently and you have attacking players with a lot of technical skill, then you can get a lot of success. If you look at United and Liverpool, or recently Tottenham between 2016-2019, or even Leicester when they won the title, there's this distinct pattern where it's just a physically impressive team with solid defenders and skillful attackers making the difference.

This and last season Liverpool have been dominant physically. Their big players are colossal and everyone else is Tevez-esque. United have huge players thanks to Mourinho. They also now have a front 5 who in my opinion collectively are more skillful than Liverpool's, and they win more penalties than Crystal Palace could even dream of. If they can sign a top quality LB and DM, on top of the usual favours they'd get, don't be surprised to see them magically shithouse their way up the table next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.