Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Why didn’t he come on? He was stripped and ready at 85mins (15mins too late) and never got on the pitch??
It was bizarre, I remember Joe Royle doing a similar thing for Oldham against the rags in the first semi final in 1994, I think he was about to put Andy Richie on to get a winner and changed his mind when they went 1 up. They lost the replay.

City played well today but that front three not strong enough to win the league. Need too many chances and don't convert in big games. Sterling has run out if ideas. Look at Grealish for Villa and how he can run with his head up aware of his team mates movement.

I mean I’m not sure if that’s a serious question or not? Obviously no one is running away with it. Look at the league table.
However, IMO, Liverpool Chelsea and Spurs all look stronger and more importantly - more dangerous. They’ve all got better attacks than us.
I think it will be a good title race and I am proud that city are part of it. The bookies are struggling to split us and the scousers despite their points lead.

If we dont win it it will be because Chelsea with a rookie Lampard, or a Liverpool that has dropped their level big time and wont be above 90 points for sure. Or Rodgers or Mourinho getting there in the end? Fuck...

Either way it would reflect horribly on Pep on the back of last season where we were treading water in the prime year of KDB and ending up 20 points behind.

Pep still hesitant to decide to stay or go. And that imo is reflecting on the team too.

The back 5 is looking very solid. Kyle was unlucky, against them cnuts it could have been anyone who gave it away. They run into the box looking more for a pen than a goal at times.
We are missing a controlling midfielder. Bernado could be it but needs time, phils a maverick, keys a genius but looks for the killer pass not the pass before the assist.
Sterling & torres need to swap wings more during the match and look 1st choice now.
Jesus will score a lot of goals this year.

If Kev scores that pen or jesus scores the header or sterling passes to gabby with the whole goal to aim at unmarked, that would of been game over. Apart from the pen they didn't create anything more than 50/50 chances. It would of been a great tactical win. But hey ho, wudda, shudda, cudda and all that, upfront were not firing yet but no one is. So its there for the taking.

These look shot now, I can see them getting a lot of injuries this year. The same players have been run into the ground for 3 years now. TAA today, Alison kept grabbing his shoulder again, salah isn't anywhere near as explosive. Thiago is a sicknote, firmino is finished.
"Kyle" wasn't unlucky, it was bloody careless.. What did he think would happen as a result of such a blatent foul!!!

I've said it before, diving with little tiny contact is ruining the game. Football is not a none contact game!
Mane looked like he was playing in roller skates today the diving twat. Every contact he fell on the floor the embarrassing ****. Clearly took a pace after the contact from Walker before the inevitable "taking the snipers bullet". How stupid to even make that challenge though?

Pawson was today's Pigmol patsy, gave free kicks for every challenge on them you could see the weak willed fanny react to scouse shouts on the sideline every time we tackled their men for the ball. It's become a game for overpaid fanny merchants who fall over to order and these whistling wankers give free kicks for fuck all.

How many times do we have to let these scouse shithouses get away with points we should be denying them? Too many!
Not a great performance but we should be consoling ourselves with 3 points.

Oh and Sterling back to be in invisible against these as well as FFS Kev!

Last edited:
We won our last league game before today 1-0. The goal was entirely down to Sterling doing as good a run as you will see in Europe all season.

pace, tricky and skill.

Exactly who would you replace Sterling with? Because every other club in Europe would bite our hand off to have his service and for good reason.
Saying Sterling isn't good enough!!! What bloody planet are you on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.