Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Great game against a great team with a huge advantage in terms of fitness. City showed character responding from behind and had clear opportunities to win the match...

Players such as Raz, Kevin, Kyle etc need rest desperately, nevertheless gave all they got, cannot ask for more. Feran is developing (while Yota, for example, is already the finished article). Gabby (who is still a kid) has just returned, will score again and deliver a MOM performance. Joao, yet unestablished, is gradually finding his steps (and could have decided the match with that wonderful key pass to Gabby). The central defensive duo composed and calm against a lethal attacking line. Ilkay generally reliable while Rodri is expected to struggle in matches with high intensity. Nothing new about that, the boy does show commitment but will have to improve in terms of speed of thought and decision making so as to survive in the PL. Bernardo is still searching his confidence and form...

City needed to control the rhythm of the match, could not afford the luxury to heighten the pace and / or commit a lot of people forward, the reasons are obvious. In general, I'm satisfied with what I've seen displayed on a heavy pitch (which made things even more complicated). I would prefer to blend our game with some directness though. We can play our forwards in space from behind more often I believe, which will provide another dimension complementing our usual patient, short passing build up in search of the decisive combination. City need to work on these alternative patterns, it will benefit the team significantly...

PS. I know that all the above do not make much sense for some people. Which means they will continue with their unrealistic expectations and their unfair criticism. Towards this kind of ignorance (or trolling) people like me will keep defending the team...
PS2. Once again, this time in a derby at home, City were fucked by the ref. The rules of the game are completely different for City. Fact. Every touch on a Liverpool player is a foul, City players need to bleed so as to earn one. I don't know why Pawson even needed to check the monitor for the penalty, didn't he see the hand ball? While highlight of the match, that throw in incident : Mane kicks the ball inside the pitch to give his teammates time to reorganize, in front of Pawson's eyes. Instead of booking him, the ref volunteers to take the ball out of the pitch himself...
I will never understand the club's strategy towards this situation, witnessed consistently week in week out. Why we have accepted this attitude as normality, it's totally beyond me. I'm sorry, but it affects our psychology, it influences our performance, the team suffers. Yet we remain silent and generous...
In what world do they have a huge advantage in fitness? And don’t give me anything about pre season, you can’t use that excuse for a whole season.

All in all a decent performance. We had some decent chances, Jesus header, KDB forgot his shooting boots. A close game as expected.

We all want it to happen mate. I would love for Phil to take the role on. Why pep is not allowing this to happen is anyone’s guess. If pep does not see him as a silva replacement we need to buy.
Would be criminal for the lad’s development if we signed someone to play there without giving him a chance. The time has come to give him a run of games there. Seems we’re pretty much in agreement that we’re missing Silva and Foden could be the answer if he was given the chance.

Would be criminal for the lad’s development if we signed someone to play there without giving him a chance. The time has come to give him a run of games there. Seems we’re pretty much in agreement that we’re missing Silva and Foden could be the answer if he was given the chance.
They are different players
Phil offers more penetration and finishing
Silva more control
Need to learn how to beat play Phil
Play him right and he is world class

Couldn't watch the game but just seen highlights. How that foul on Sterling is not given yet Livarpool were awarded a penalty for considerably less contact than that on Sterling beggars belief. Corrupt, and without fans football on tv is crap.

Let’s say Pep is staying. He rebuilds the spine. Adding Dias and Ake alongside Laporte, Eddie and Walker/Cancelo. Maybe a left back to come. Next summer we add a world class striker and world class midfielder. Plus the youngsters coming through. Makes us much harder to beat, and adapt to the counter attack. Pep reinvents the tactics. This makes sense to me, missing ingredient is for Pep to sign the contract.

Yep agreed, we're 2 / 3 players away from have the perfect team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.