Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Well played City but the crowd were absolutely fantastic. Think we did enough to win it and proved we are slightly better than Littlepool. A bit more clinical and we would have won 4 or 5-2. Some questionable ref decisions. Don't think he wanted to send anyone off. City still top and should go on now and win a 4th title in 5 years and a 6th in the last decade. Loved the whistles and boo's every time Littlepool had possession. The hostile Etihad. About time.
If the ref didn't want to send anyone off then he isn't fit to referee.
The dippers should have had at least one player sent off if he had stuck to the letter of the law!

We should of won & out of sight at half time but we all know our lack of instinct in front of goal is an issue.

Thought Eddie, laporte, cancello & Raz worked really hard but showed a lack of composure at times.

Kev, Rodri, Bernie incredible everybody else very good.

peps tactics were spot on today.

surprised how quiet Liverpool fans were

We were excellent for the majority of that game today. We were completely dominant in the 1st half and should've been 3 or 4 up.

The two goals Liverpook scored were very preventable which is frustrating. Poor goalkeeping on the 1st and the 2nd Walker was half asleep.

Missed chances once again a theme and frustration and a reason I cannot see us not signing a striker next season. Put Haaland in some of the positions and the game is out of sight at half time.

Can't fault the lads though, I thought they were excellent for the most part, it's just frustrating to outplay them twice home abd away yet not beat them.

Hopefully we'll get more luck next weekend and hopefully a stronger ref who actually deals with terrible fouls. How Fabinho and Thiago stayed on the pitch today is beyond me.
Only slight positive is that Thiago won't be banned for next week...

We should of won & out of sight at half time but we all know our lack of instinct in front of goal is an issue.

Thought Eddie, laporte, cancello & Raz worked really hard but showed a lack of composure at times.

Kev, Rodri, Bernie incredible everybody else very good.

peps tactics were spot on today.

surprised how quiet Liverpool fans were
Pep’s selection of Jesus today was almost a masterstroke, fair fucks

Great performance and very unlucky not to win.

Oh, but that Mahrez last minute one on one is going to replay in my head until the title is decided.
Hopefully it will turn out like the last time he skied a certain goal v the cult…
He knows he owes us two points now so hope that motivates him even more for the games to come

Sorry Josh but given our propensity to waste chances we have to do more than turn up for our remaining games.
You’re not wrong there…the defence will need to also improve. I’m hoping the lads step it up and finish champions

Irrespective of what happens from here (and I'm confident we'll win the league after today), not replacing Aguero is the biggest f**k up of Pep's tenure.

That much is irrefutable.
There was no striker available that was capable of replacing Sergio last summer, I don’t know why people struggle to understand this. Harry Kane wasn’t for sale and Dortmund wanted billions for Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.