Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I just want city to turn up. No bending over for them or fearing them.

I think sterling is over the nonsense & with no fans abusing him I expect him to be at his best.

do our thing and we win this but it will be a close game.

C’mon City

OK let's see this side by side and break it down a bit ...

Premier League
(Under Pep)
HOME
Etihad
AWAY
Anfield
2016/17
Pep's First Season
Draw 1 - 1Lost 1 - 0
2017/18
Centurions
Won 5 - 0Lost 4 - 3
2018/19
Fourmidables
Won 2 - 1Draw 0 - 0
2019/20
Last Season
Won 4 - 0Lost 3 - 1
2020/21
This Season
This SundayFebruary 2021

• So they have NEVER won at Etihad in the league against us in Pep's tenure
  • They have never scored more than once in a game
  • They have scored only twice in last four league meetings
  • While we have shipped 12 against them in four (that's an average of 3 per game)

• All of the above AND they have Van Dick missing from their defence and some others ...

I think for this game we will miss Fernandinho more than Aguero or Mendy.

I've got a feeling it might finish 0-0 though.

We need KDB at his best to win.

I wonder if their newest bestest player in the world ala’ Dogo Joss-Stone will start ahead of the other bestest player in the world the Brazilian ladyboy?

Media labeled Jota a “pressing machine”
He's not on Firmino's level on that front. No way. He can press well but Firmino is so good at it.

Also I'd be wary of the media in their descriptions of Liverpool players..

A few things stood out these past couple of games. Rodri and Gundogan seem to play better individually when only one of them plays and either one of them is supported by mobile (and creative) midfielders. I don't mind either but thought Rodri was excellent against Sheff Utd, maybe a more mobile option than Gundo. TAA hasn't looked that brilliant recently when faced by someone running at him...in previous games Sane also made life difficult for him, so pace out wide. Keeping Salah/TAA quiet will be key, so much as I think Cancelo has been excellent this season it's Ake at left back for me. Gabby has to start, even if he can only give us 60 mins or so. Anyway....there you go. Pep will probably play a double pivot and Mahrez, so what do I know!

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Ake
Rodri
KDB Bernardo
Sterling Jesus Torres
Move Torres up top for Gabby , Phil on the left and you’ve cracked it.

Foden terrifies their fullbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.