Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez is starting today I think (considering his performance vs Olympiacos)..

Well what I’m saying is there’s a case for any of them to be the selected player, since none are perfect. There will be posters that oppose any one selection, of course there will be.

Of course! Mendy has started most games against them and we haven't suffered for it. They like the ball into the channel and Pep has seemed to grasp Klopp's tactics the last few games between the sides having had a weak record v Klopp compared to everyone else.

Stop their full backs and you stop their whole game plan. You force them to instead go through the middle where they struggle to create and we can dominate. They will have chances but with our improved defence and Gabby back I think we will have more. I hope our desire to win the title is on display and we win the game.

We’re not though, generally speaking. Our “expected goals” is almost half what we normally produce. Which means we are not creating the quality nor the quantity of chances we usually do.

I am not a fan of all that Xg stuff mate.
We played really well against Wolves with a depleted squad. We played really well against Leicester for 40 minutes, but then kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Leeds, we started really well, had a bit of a dodgy half hour, dropped a clanger, then came on well bear the end.
Since then we have been pretty much solid. Played some really nice football and won every match pretty easily, apart from the West Ham match, which we should have won really.
We have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1. That is pretty good considering the circumstances.
I think we have gone about our business quietly and efficiently this season. We have kind of gone undercover.
Just because we are not smashing the poor teams 5-0 every week or our Xg is down on last season does not mean we are not playing well. We are getting over our injuries. We look less likely to concede than last season and still look like we have got goals in us.
I have quite enjoyed the way we have played this season.
Big test today as Liverpool are a good team. I am confident of our chances though.

I think there’s nobody we can put at left back today that is perfect for us. Ake is more solid, yes, but has nothing going forwards and will allow TAA to come forward. A more attacking choice is less solid defensively but would give TAA reasons to stay back more. It’s a really tough call, and there’s a chance that either option can end bad for us. This is what Pep is paid for I guess!
I would go Ake mainly because I think he can hold his own vs salah...Lot of their attack comes down to his individual skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.