Liverpool might still catch us!

Soulboy

Cast your mind back on Liverpool's season so far...

Started off the new season with a new manager in charge.,.. spend next to nothing during the summer, their star signing was free transfer Joe Cole!

After a relegation battle up until the new year, the board sack Hodgson and bring in Dalglish, who hasn't managed in something like 15 years... most people thought it was a joke appointment. They then sell their star striker.

Most pundits agreed that Dalglish, at best, might keep them out of the relegation battle. Fast forward to tonight. They are 8 points behind us, we still have to go to Anfield, and it is not inconceivable they might still catch us!

The worst season in Liverpool's history over the past 50 years... against a team with a manager that can spend £150m... and we might just about struggle to finish above them. All comparisons of "give the manager time" are out of the window.

For those that preach the stability myth, and that managers make little difference, then we need only look at today's contrasting performances. One team playing frightened football, and the other let off the leash.

Is it time for a change for us too, before it's too late? I would expect a "review" at the end of the season, and the fact that we've spent £60m on two forwards and £30m on two full backs, none of whom would be first choice surely begs the obvious questions...

Was thinking the same. They are only 8 points adrift and playing with confidence. They dont have the Fa cup or europa league to worry about.We have some tough games left and if Mancini approaches the game like he did today then I cant see us getting many wins. On top of that teams like Bolton and west ham are well capable of getting points off us. Its a serious situation and Bobby will be under a bit of pressure from the owners.

citymad said:
Was thinking the same. They are only 8 points adrift and playing with confidence. They dont have the Fa cup or europa league to worry about.We have some tough games left and if Mancini approaches the game like he did today then I cant see us getting many wins. On top of that teams like Bolton and west ham are well capable of getting points off us. Its a serious situation and Bobby will be under a bit of pressure from the owners.

neither do we.

jay_mcfc said:
Might, might, might or even may!

To be fair, I did expect better from you!

I thought you might at least entertain us with your views rather than merely defending the lead... oh, sorry... forgot that you approve of that approach!

No views on today? Or maybe even a shift in your position? Don't be embarrassed, over the next few weeks there will be a tidal wave of changing opinions!

;-))

Soulboy said:
jay_mcfc said:
Might, might, might or even may!

To be fair, I did expect better from you!

I thought you might at least entertain us with your views rather than merely defending the lead... oh, sorry... forgot that you approve of that approach!

No views on today? Or maybe even a shift in your position? Don't be embarrassed, over the next few weeks there will be a tidal wave of changing opinions!

;-))
Liverpool wont catch us, we got beat at chelsea no shame in that in the real world. Why will there be a tidal wave of changing opinions over the next few weeks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.