Liverpool might still catch us!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Uber Blue said:
And like I said before, do you think they will? I am aware it's possible like lot's of other things. PB, do you think they will?
I don't know why you are insisting that someone gives you a firm answer when no one of know. And whether I should even bother responding to someone who calls someone expressing an entirely reasonable hypothesis "a fucking moron" is open to question. But here's what I think.

They carry much more of a threat up front than we do. They've got Carroll as a big centre forward ot get on the end of crosses and corners, Suarez is a great ball player who can create things and Kuyt is always a threat. So I'd rate it as 50:50 at best that we'll stay ahead of them. We need a result there to guarnatee that we do.

I've pm'd reddish and apologised as i believe i was out of order. And i am am truly sorry. However, to believe that liverpool are 50:50 to overtake us is, i believe, ridiculous. We would have to lose probably 3 to 4 games with liverpool winning, if we were to lose so many games, pretty much all theirs. And, like i said, this to a team who have recently dropped points to wigan and west ham. Sorry if i was a prick.

Damocles said:
GStar said:
I think we'd be utterly stupid to sack Mancini at this stage.

There needs to be an end of season review where the board and management staff dissect the season and explain why we didn't challenge for the title and where we aim to be next season.

Khaldoon has said both publicly and privately that he expects 4th. Why would we do this?

I've no idea what he said privately but I would bet he didn't say 4th is the maximum we can achieve no matter the circumstances.

He (should) look at the league this year and see a huge oppourtunity missed.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Uber Blue said:
Again, adult debate? You start with a premise that a team that has beat Chelsea (plus the scum which you didn't mention) but also drew against Wigan and got beat by West Ham in their last 5 games are, somehow, going to overhall 8 fucking points and finish above us? Again, adult debate? Grow up you fucking moron.
I hope Soulboy has reported this post. You seem to be the moron here. He said it could be possible and I'll show you why.

They are 8 points behind us. Over the last 6 games they've got 2.17 points per game and we've got 1.33. So that's 0.84 points per game better than us. We've both got 8 games left so let's say that carries on - over 7 of those 8 (the games they don't play us) they will get 6 points more than us. If they beat us when we go there they will get 3 points more than us, making 9 in all.

Will they carry on like that? I don't know and neither do you. But it is entirely possible and quite conceivable that they could overhaul us.
Over the last 1 game we have an average of 0 points. That means that with 8 games left Wigan could still catch us. I'm betting neither do.

If Liverpool catch us that will almost mean that Spurs will have done.

If thats the case then I wouldnt give a shit.

4th is all that matters. 5th means another season in the Europa league which by Mancini's own admission has made the players tired.

Finishing 6th would be preferable to that again for me if it meant we werent in that as it has almost certainly affected us since Christmas along with the needless FA Cup replays that were of our own doing.

I think too many people missed the point of my thread!

It was the fact that a manager can come in half way through a season, no money to spend, and transform a club to such an extent that they go from relegation candidates to possible UEFA contenders.

I remember Redknapp doing the same thing a couple of years ago with Spurs.

The point is that a "stable" manager and £150m will not always beat a manager that the players and fans buy into... It's not about money it's about the intangible effect one manager can have on a club.

We are still looking for that man in my opinion...

Soulboy said:
I think too many people missed the point of my thread!

It was the fact that a manager can come in half way through a season, no money to spend, and transform a club to such an extent that they go from relegation candidates to possible UEFA contenders.

I remember Redknapp doing the same thing a couple of years ago with Spurs.

The point is that a "stable" manager and £150m will not always beat a manager that the players and fans buy into... It's not about money it's about the intangible effect one manager can have on a club.

We are still looking for that man in my opinion...

Pearce got the managers job at city because he won about 8 games on the trott and for that Robbie fowler penalty miss would of got us into Europe! Changing a manager mid season can give a team the kick up the ass

The only problem with this theory is that Liverpool are shite even if the media try their best to tell us otherwise.

kiam06 said:
The only problem with this theory is that Liverpool are shite even if the media try their best to tell us otherwise.

They are shite. This is the worst season for Liverpool in the past 50 years.

They don't have money to strengthen, they have a squad made up of previous manager's players, they were in a relegation battle three months ago... and yet... they are just 8 points behind us, and we still have to go there.

They are actually closer than I ever thought possible this season.

That's the point!

kiam06 said:
They may well be but are one of the form teams in the Premiership and have taken 13 points out of the last 18 whereas we've only got 8. So what does that make us?

If we lose there then it could be very close if they carry that sort of form and I think people are very stupid to not see this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.