Liverpool might still catch us!

Soulboy said:
Uber Blue said:
It's not inconceivable that you'll get (hopefully) run over by a steamroller tomorrow. I'm just pointing out that we could win only three of our remaining games, but then so could the Scum, Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea and Blackpool. Muppet.

Hold on to that comfort blanket.Tight. Don't let it go...

I love adult debate. You should try it some time.

Adult debate? Do you believe that that Liverpool will catch, or overtake, us?

Uber Blue said:
Soulboy said:
Hold on to that comfort blanket.Tight. Don't let it go...

I love adult debate. You should try it some time.

I'll take this slowly... read the original post.

It doesn't say that Liverpool will catch us.

It says that it's not inconceivable they could catch us, and given that three months ago we were about a league apart, they had just sacked their manager, appointed a new one who hasn't worked in the past 15 years, while we have been spending £150m in the same season and they haven't had a pot to piss in...

I'm just saying that the fact that it's now CONCEIVABLE they could catch us (they are only 8 points behind and we still have to go there...).

It's me making the point that a manager can transform a club fairly quickly.
And that ours hasn't...

Again, adult debate? You start with a premise that a team that has beat Chelsea (plus the scum which you didn't mention) but also drew against Wigan and got beat by West Ham in their last 5 games are, somehow, going to overhall 8 fucking points and finish above us? Again, adult debate? Grow up you fucking moron.

Soulboy said:
Damocles said:
Khaldoon has said both publicly and privately that he expects 4th. Why would we do this?

"Expecting" 4th. could be the absolute minimum required by the manager, not necessarily the target.

I might "expect" my kids to get 6 GCSE's, but i woiuld hope for better than that as a judgment of their performance.

I think 4th. is absolute minimum required, and I doubt if that might be enough given the poor signings and disappointing style of play.

Abramovic has sacked managers for far better performances! It's a harsh world out there...
I agree fourth is minimum but look who the top 3 are and how long they have been there its a tough ask to break them up anyway even tougher with our player turnover since the takeover, and imo you can only call them poor signings if they dont improve next season. Drogba off the top of my head took a season or so to get goin..

Soulboy said:
Uber Blue said:

It says that it's not inconceivable they could catch us, and given that three months ago we were about a league apart, they had just sacked their manager, appointed a new one who hasn't worked in the past 15 years, while we have been spending £150m in the same season and they haven't had a pot to piss in...

I'm just saying that the fact that it's now CONCEIVABLE they could catch us (they are only 8 points behind and we still have to go there...).

And that ours hasn't...

And like I said, it's not (hopefully) inconceivable that you will get run over by a fucking steamroller. Let's all have a hypothetical frenzy - I think it's not inconceivable (although highly fucking unlikely) that i'll get a blow off Kelly Brook tomorrow? Anybody else?<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
Uber Blue said:

And that ours hasn't...

Fuck 'it', what do yoy actually believe, just out of interest like? DEo you think the scousers will catch us and overtake us?

Uber Blue said:
Again, adult debate? You start with a premise that a team that has beat Chelsea (plus the scum which you didn't mention) but also drew against Wigan and got beat by West Ham in their last 5 games are, somehow, going to overhall 8 fucking points and finish above us? Again, adult debate? Grow up you fucking moron.
I hope Soulboy has reported this post. You seem to be the moron here. He said it could be possible and I'll show you why.

They are 8 points behind us. Over the last 6 games they've got 2.17 points per game and we've got 1.33. So that's 0.84 points per game better than us. We've both got 8 games left so let's say that carries on - over 7 of those 8 (the games they don't play us) they will get 6 points more than us. If they beat us when we go there they will get 3 points more than us, making 9 in all.

Will they carry on like that? I don't know and neither do you. But it is entirely possible and quite conceivable that they could overhaul us.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Uber Blue said:
I hope Soulboy has reported this post. You seem to be the moron here. He said it could be possible and I'll show you why.

They are 8 points behind us. Over the last 6 games they've got 2.17 points per game and we've got 1.33. So that's 0.84 points per game better than us. We've both got 8 games left so let's say that carries on - over 7 of those 8 (the games they don't play us) they will get 6 points more than us. If they beat us when we go there they will get 3 points more than us, making 9 in all.

Will they carry on like that? I don't know and neither do you. But it is entirely possible and quite conceivable that they could overhaul us.

And like I said before, do you think they will? I am aware it's possible like lot's of other things. PB, do you think they will?

Uber Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And like I said before, do you think they will? I am aware it's possible like lot's of other things. PB, do you think they will?
you are one complete dick,you seem to slag people of personally for having an opion that differs to yours

Uber Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't know why you are insisting that someone gives you a firm answer when none of us know. And whether I should even bother responding to someone who calls someone expressing an entirely reasonable hypothesis "a fucking moron" is open to question. But here's what I think.

They carry much more of a threat up front than we do. They've got Carroll as a big centre forward ot get on the end of crosses and corners, Suarez is a great ball player who can create things and Kuyt is always a threat. So I'd rate it as 50:50 at best that we'll stay ahead of them. We need a result there to guarnatee that we do.

Not a chance will they although mathmaticly it's still possible for them to but just because we got beat today people need to stop flapping there just as inconsistent still as someone on here has already pointed out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.