Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god the dippers have convinced themselves Haaland is going to ‘flop’ like Higuain. Nothing to worry about then lads, you won’t need to mention him again.

I thought haaland was absolutely shite I thought he was better than that his first touch is awful Alvarez looked much better looks like a real typical Argentinian hope I'm wrong about haaland but I've been watching city for 45 years and that is the worst debut I've ever seen

You have to take into consideration that the rest of the team have to adjust to playing with a striker - less passing & more direct on goal passes

"Worst debut (you've) ever seen"...?

In 45 years of watching City?

I can only presume that the City you've been watching isn't from Manchester. There's probably been at least 100 worse Manchester City debuts in the last 45 years.
Samras springs instantly to mind.

Edit……didn’t Bojinov get injured in the warm up of his debut ? Stockport friendly I seem to recall.

Disappointing performance. Grealish getting the usual amount of stick whereas Bernado was very very poor.
Ederson was not good either, pinging passes out of touch left right and centre and a nice assist for their 3rd. If Ortega turns out to be good with his feet I can see him being number 1 later on this season. Ederson was mediocre last season and IMO, he's not good enough if his passing is not there. Nearly gave away a pen as well 2nd half.
Things is, the Ederson lovers go on about what he brings to the team...his range of passing etc etc, well, his passing is going backwards and he brings very little in terms of making the big saves in the big games. Never saves a penalty either.
Their new striker looks rather good, strong and quick. He bossed Dias in the 30 minutes he was on the pitch.
Talking of Dias....hmmmm. Possibly not in the best of shape as yet.
Alvarez...oh yes, he looks like a player for us.
Cancelo not great early doors but came onto a good game in the 2nd half.
Last 4 games versus them, won none, bit of a pattern developing, lots of the ball and being hit on the break.
Ah well, football is back and I'm still complaining.

So much for them adhering to the announcement about flares in football grounds…
They are a different breed from the rest of the country.
Chelsea to be blamed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.