Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for Grealish to show his worth...

It will be a great opportunity for him to lead the team and receive the ball all the time as KDB-Bernardo-Gundo trio I think will be rested for the midweek game.. And that's how he used to be at Aston Villa, running the game all by himself.

He will have Jesus-Sterling duo upfront and hopefully Phil to as well...

Fernandinho will cover him like Douglas Luiz used to..

Come on Jack, make that 100m look like nothing on Saturday..

You won't have a better chance to prove yourself once and for all..

High-pressing is too risky if there are gaps in midfield, it's not only about the front 3.

Bernardo was subbed because he was knackered, not because Pep wanted to save his energy for Liverpool. He's fit, but starting 4 games in a row vs Atlético/Liverpool over 10 days is risky. Bernardo had a poor game, and that's not a coincidence. He shouldn't be flogged to death.
Flogged to death!?? A bit of an extreme way of describing footballers doing what they train to do.

I'm sure he could handle a game on Saturday and then take a rest for the Brighton game - where Kev can come back in fresh (barring any lasting injury).

The upcoming league games are more important than this for me so I would be fine with plenty of rotation. I'd be disappointed if we went out but I would also see it as a necessary sacrifice to improve our chances in the other two competitions.

I don't think there's any sense in risking the likes of Rodri, Bernardo or KDB because they could easily pick up an injury and even if they don't, they won't be able to play at full intensity and we'll just end up struggling like we did in the the second half yesterday and probably go out anyway. Then we'd be going in to a crucial game against Brighton with either a group of players who are shattered or a heavily rotated side that may lack cohesion.

Some may argue that we should put our best team out because we could easily finish the season empty handed but I'm not sure how much an FA Cup will soften the blow if Liverpool win the Premier League and Champions League. It sounds a bit dramatic to suggest that playing a strong team could jeopardize our chances in those two competitions but the margins are so fine now that the season could be won and lost on us drawing one game because of injury or tiredness.

Anyway, it's not like we aren't capable of beating Liverpool even if we make changes, that's the whole point of having a strong squad. Maybe if Liverpool are favourites for a change it might actually work against them.

--------------------------Steffen
Cancelo-----Stones-----Laporte-----Ake
---------------------------Ferna
---------------Gundo------------Zin
Sterling--------------Jesus---------Grealish

Would love to see Delap. Try and exploit that ridiculously high line they play. Surely they can’t get away with it again

I just think he's a bulldozer of a player and would like to see us sit ten yards closer to our own goal and leave less space in behind.

It would be a mistake to play Steffen in this one. Eddie can go long and give someone like Delap a real chance on goal.

I'd go for a similar team. Needs a lot of changes, they will be fucked otherwise
Exactly. I didn’t say that team because that’s the team I want us to put out in an FA Cup semi. I said it thinking about the bigger picture and because like it or not, we have bigger fish to fry. With the current status of tough game last night and huge PL and CL games to come, I would reluctantly accept Pep prioritising other competitions over this weekend.

This is third on our list of priorities; sadly that will enter Pep's thinking and the changes will be more or less enforced. Still think we've got a great chance.

And as others have alluded to, it's time for Jack to show his worth. I fancy him to cause them havoc.

It would be a mistake to play Steffen in this one. Eddie can go long and give someone like Delap a real chance on goal.
I think we'll struggle to play out from the back on Saturday. The combination of Liverpool's press and Steffen basically not being Ederson means we may need to go long more than usual. Pep will almost certainly stick with him though as he's our cup keeper and it's probably the right decision in the interest of squad harmony.

Mane decapitating Ederson probably wouldn't be ideal for the run-in either.

Can't have Gundo and Fern in the same midfield, that would be painful. Pep may also need to hold Zin back if Walker is injured for a while, with Cancelo also suspended for Madrid.

I expect the team to be closer to the below - with the only factor whether Phil or Jack play in the ten. I've gone for Phil wide left because he gets back quicker than Jack re Arnold.

I like this team and it gives us a decent shout at it.

............STEFFEN..............
CANCELO...STONES...DIAS...AKE
......... FERN....RODRI...
.............GREALISH......
JESUS........STERLING......FODEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.