Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll struggle to play out from the back on Saturday. The combination of Liverpool's press and Steffen basically not being Ederson means we may need to go long more than usual. Pep will almost certainly stick with him though as he's our cup keeper and it's probably the right decision in the interest of squad harmony.

Mane decapitating Ederson probably wouldn't be ideal for the run-in either.
Steffen will play, hopefully he’ll do us good!

I think we'll struggle to play out from the back on Saturday. The combination of Liverpool's press and Steffen basically not being Ederson means we may need to go long more than usual. Pep will almost certainly stick with him though as he's our cup keeper and it's probably the right decision in the interest of squad harmony.

Mane decapitating Ederson probably wouldn't be ideal for the run-in either.

I wouldn't even bother with the play out from the back for this one, just go long into the corners on their high line.

Can't have Gundo and Fern in the same midfield, that would be painful. Pep may also need to hold Zin back if Walker is injured for a while, with Cancelo also suspended for Madrid.

I expect the team to be closer to the below - with the only factor whether Phil or Jack play in the ten. I've gone for Phil wide left because he gets back quicker than Jack re Arnold.

I like this team and it gives us a decent shout at it.

............STEFFEN..............
CANCELO...STONES...DIAS...AKE
......... FERN....RODRI...
.............GREALISH......
JESUS........STERLING......FODEN
Fern and Rodri in midfield was really bad against Chelsea last year.

Looks like Kev will miss Brighton and Watford which makes it even more important that Bernardo is rested.

Flogged to death!?? A bit of an extreme way of describing footballers doing what they train to do.

I'm sure he could handle a game on Saturday and then take a rest for the Brighton game - where Kev can come back in fresh (barring any lasting injury).

I trust Pep. I'm sure Bernardo will be used. The question is from the start for say 60 minutes or from the bench. The same holds for other players like Rodri, Foden, Mahrez, Laporte...Do we prefer to start strongly or to finish strongly? If we finish like last night, chances are we will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.