Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Pep. I'm sure Bernardo will be used. The question is from the start for say 60 minutes or from the bench. The same holds for other players like Rodri, Foden, Mahrez, Laporte...Do we prefer to start strongly or to finish strongly? If we finish like last night, chances are we will lose.
We don’t win often when we go behind so I think I would prefer the former and take the risk.

I trust Pep. I'm sure Bernardo will be used. The question is from the start for say 60 minutes or from the bench. The same holds for other players like Rodri, Foden, Mahrez, Laporte...Do we prefer to start strongly or to finish strongly? If we finish like last night, chances are we will lose.
I agree with all that. Pep knows best so let's hope we can pull out another big performance.

Liverpool are well rested so it'll be important to start well, control the game and try and take our chances.

I can't see Dias being back for this one, i'd bring him back midweek.
With the injuries, i'm going as strong as possible.

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Ake

Bernardo
Rodri
Foden

Sterling
Jesus
Grealish

3-2 to us

The upcoming league games are more important than this for me so I would be fine with plenty of rotation. I'd be disappointed if we went out but I would also see it as a necessary sacrifice to improve our chances in the other two competitions.

I don't think there's any sense in risking the likes of Rodri, Bernardo or KDB because they could easily pick up an injury and even if they don't, they won't be able to play at full intensity and we'll just end up struggling like we did in the the second half yesterday and probably go out anyway. Then we'd be going in to a crucial game against Brighton with either a group of players who are shattered or a heavily rotated side that may lack cohesion.

Some may argue that we should put our best team out because we could easily finish the season empty handed but I'm not sure how much an FA Cup will soften the blow if Liverpool win the Premier League and Champions League. It sounds a bit dramatic to suggest that playing a strong team could jeopardize our chances in those two competitions but the margins are so fine now that the season could be won and lost on us drawing one game because of injury or tiredness.

Anyway, it's not like we aren't capable of beating Liverpool even if we make changes, that's the whole point of having a strong squad. Maybe if Liverpool are favourites for a change it might actually work against them.

--------------------------Steffen
Cancelo-----Stones-----Laporte-----Ake
---------------------------Ferna
---------------Gundo------------Zin
Sterling--------------Jesus---------Grealish
The PL and CL will definitely be our main priorities and I think Pep will feel the same. Unfortunately tiredness and injuries may undo in this game, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Dippers had the luxury of basically playing a second string last night so I really cant see us winning this.He has no injuries and full strength squad to pick from while we need to rest a few players. Its okay though, I'd gladly swap 3 points against a very good Brighton side vs a win in the semi final. As a side note the last thing we need is extra time and pens. I just can't see that happening though not with the dippers forward line at full strength.

Think this might be a game too far after our recent exertions. Hope Guardiola puts out as strong a side as possible, a) because it's Liverpool and b) because I'm taking my lad and it's cost a fair wedge! Think we'll see a lot of rotation though.

Steffen
Cancelo
Stones
Dias
Ake
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernardo
Grealish
Sterling
Jesus

Ederson
Cancelo stones Laporte ake
Bernardo Rodri gundogan
Jesus sterling grealish

Had a bloody tough night last night,Will definetly show against them sat if goes with samish team,pep will change it up,he has too,but our squad is fantastic so it aint like there gonna walk all over us,we will have a good crack at it ,thats for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.