Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much negativity! People going into the game thinking we’ve lost already! This just leads to a poor atmosphere. Bloody hell blues come on! We have an amazing squad and I for one will not admit defeat before a game!
we fight till the end!
Expectations lowered will mean less tension which will lead to a better atmosphere. Wait and see

So much negativity! People going into the game thinking we’ve lost already! This just leads to a poor atmosphere. Bloody hell blues come on! We have an amazing squad and I for one will not admit defeat before a game!
we fight till the end!
All this would be different if we had played Liverpool last weekend on Saturday instead of Sunday

Think this could be down to the 2 managers.
What is their priority.
Will Klopp rest players again knowing that the midweek match against United is next up for them and possibly more important to him
Will Pep risk and players that are not fully fit.

Think this could be down to the 2 managers.
What is their priority.
Will Klopp rest players again knowing that the midweek match against United is next up for them and possibly more important to him
Will Pep risk and players that are not fully fit.
Klopp will go for it - they rested players last night. Doubt we'll see KDB, Walker, or Gundo.

We are forced to take risks with a more experimental starting XI. Rodri won't be fresh enough, perhaps Ferna should start. Bernardo should be managed carefully, we'll need him in the PL and the CL.

Also, it will be difficult to press them. If we play as we did at the Etihad, we won't be fresh in the 2nd half. And we saw last night what happened in the 2nd half.

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Dias
Ake

Ferna
Gundogan
Foden

Jesus
Grealish
Sterling

The task is to survive the first 60 minutes and then to bring in Rodri, Bernardo and Mahrez, maybe Laporte and Zinch (in midfield), or Delap (if we need a goal). The squad should be utilized to the max.

Last edited:
Steffen
Cancelo Stones Ake Zinchecko
Bernie Ferna Gundo
Jesus Sterling Grealish

Play Delap up front, give Liverpool a different thing to look at.

Our midfield is gassed and certainly not at the level it needs to be for running needed against Liverpool.

Brighton and Watford next week is more important now.

Jesus and Jack out wide, put Zin in.

Fern in the middle with who the fuck knows!!

Play Delap up front, give Liverpool a different thing to look at.

Our midfield is gassed and certainly not at the level it needs to be for running needed against Liverpool.

Brighton and Watford next week is more important now.

Jesus and Jack out wide, put Zin in.

Fern in the middle with who the fuck knows!!
Last week's game vs Liverpool, when Liverpool were in possession at the back we pushed Cancelo forward onto Henderson to cut the ball off into midfield and went 1v1 at the back
And we know Liverpool play a really silly high line so we should be looking to play over the top
I can see the midfields being bypassed

I am more positive of a result against Liverpool after the shenanigans of last night in Madrid.
We stared into the abyss, and came through it.
Pep needs to make 4 or 5 changes to guard against burn out.
Mahrez, sterling, ake, feenandinho, grealish, jesus, should all start.
I'm perversely optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.