Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

If the boot were on the other foot, Rag Cafe would be full of them saying prioritise the Champions League. Ickle City can have their day in the sun if they manage to beat our second string. Just saying.

I'm of the same opinion of many that isn't that bothered about the Champions League. That said I would love to stop the tired chant of Chelsea fans "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that!" We could break all the records in the Premier League this season and win in against the rags, but the press will have a real go if the Dippers dump us out of the Chumps League.

I would love to win all 3 fixtures. Logic dictates we prioritise the Dippers games, much as it pains me.

Can we still win the Premier League if we lose to United? Yes.

Can we still win the Champion's League if we lose to Liverpool over two legs? No.

The question doesn't need an answer in my opinion.

The rags at work are devastated that we're prepared to prioritise the CL games above the Derby - it's the ultimate insult.
For me, we'll win the league any way, it would be hilarious to win against the scum but the history books won't record who the title is won against, only that it was won in April with a record points difference.
Beating the red dippers, the media darlings, the most successful manager against Pep will be so much sweeter.

All of that said, I'd love 3 from the next 3 :-)

I fully understand the importance of Liverpool and yes it's more important.
But can't help thinking Pep is letting a once in lifetime moment just fritter away on Saturday from his remarks.
Yes we will win the league but it's looking like Saturday could be a bit of let down if he makes multiple changes.
Surely the players will want to play in all 3?

I think Pep is playing games. He wants to win every game.
Beating the rags to win the league will go down in their history, they'll never be able to forget it. Another chance to show them where they belong and how far they've fallen.
Like many I've had years of abuse off the rags, time we have it them back in the best way possible.
So for me beating the rags and winning the league against them is the ultimate put down.

It was before my time but is Law’s back heel not a warm memory for many?

A score draw at Anfield followed by securing the title on Saturday will be achievable.

I think Pep is playing games. He wants to win every game.

This ^
Theres no way Pep will play a 2nd string v The scum..........what City player will not want to play in a game thats televised all over the world ?

As KDB said recently "we work hard all year for the right to play in these big important"

Whilst anything can happen in sport we have without any doubt the best team in our history playing the best football. We have three full days rest between games and a fabulous squad. Go strong go to win them all. These players deserve that opportunity. To bring and play their best game on the biggest stage with the best support for the highest rewards.

We are all just a moment from disaster now this moment is what matters

“Right here Right Now”

Lets all give it all we’ve got and see what we can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.