Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Got to be, sacrifice the derby(if it was a straight decision) in favour of our BIG 2 leg game this week. Despite what the table says i think the dippers are a far better and dangerous side than Trafford Rangers

Leaning that way myself. The good thing is I think that we are the only team in the country that if we're really on song the opposition can do little about it. Think Fat Sam alluded to this after Sat's game.
Personally I think we need to put all our energy (and best players) into tomorrow night. The match on Saturday will essentially be a bit of an attack v defence stroll (stroll as in tempo of the game as opposed to the result being a foregone conclusion) with the odd counter attack to deal with whereas tomorrow is bound to be a high tempo, toe to toe battle with us needing to do shit loads of pressing and really working hard to show for team mates to try to beat their press.

We're good enough to go full strength for the next three - Pep don't fool me.
I think he will rest one or two but don't see him resting large numbers. As I alluded to above, I think we can get away without resting too many because the derby will not be hugely energy sapping IMO. mourinho will happily take a draw just to stop us winning the title on the day, getting a win on the counter would merely be a bonus so no chance he sets up to do anything other than sit in behind the ball. That said, if pep does think resting most of the team on Saturday gives us a significantly better chance v scousers then I'm more than happy for him to do that. It's so much more important given the context.

We're good enough to go full strength for the next three - Pep don't fool me.
The only changes I can forsee are Laporte for Kompany, Gundogan for KDB or Silva, Bernardo for Sterling and Aguero for Jesus. Hardly massive downgrades. It's not like Foden, Diaz and Nmecha are going to start the derby.

As to which is most important, depends on whether by the end of the season we have the CL.

The PL is won, barring an apocalypse.

The CL is an ongoing lottery. (I might have to have an excessive amount of beer to keep calm to be able to watch, if we reach the final).

If we play mostly 2nd or even 3rd string against United, I’d be meh about any potential loss - it would be bad for the very short term until the PL trophy was lifted, but in the context of the entire season, it’s only the ‘we beat city’ cup.

Along with the CL, if we also got the 100+ points, I’d say we could be reasonably happy.

So... Liverpoolx2 and all the other CL games are the most important.
The United game is unbelievably (at the start of the season) not so much, barring bragging rights imho.

Reasonably happy, or f**king ecstatic?

We have to go for all three games full tilt. My only concern is Vinny who has been magnificent since he came back. Can he last all three matches? I hope so.

The only changes I can forsee are Laporte for Kompany, Gundogan for KDB or Silva, Bernardo for Sterling and Aguero for Jesus. Hardly massive downgrades. It's not like Foden, Diaz and Nmecha are going to start the derby.

As long as one of De Bruyne or D Silva starts we should beat united. When both are missing it inevitably has a hugely disruptive effect. They are just so influential, we can usually manage without one of them but there's a massive drop off in performance when both are left out. Perhaps 45 min each?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.