Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mag, 1 Apr 2018.

1. deegee33

deegee33

This,this,this!!!!

2. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Utd for me, even though it's against the dippers i'm still a bit meh about the CL.
    Were obviously going to win the league anyway but losing to Utd would take a little of the shine off it for me, any chance we get to keep our foot on their throats should always be taken.
    Sod it, i'll be greedy, lets win both

3. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Liverpool for me...and Pep, and the players, and Sheikh Mansour.

4. urban genie

urban genie

Which liverpool tie 1st or 2nd leg?

for me all 3 games are important, but the rags game is less of a necessity to get us another trophy, league is done so we need to beat scousers.

but the first leg away may be more important than the 2nd

5. NoahCity

NoahCity

Don't we have a near full fit squad (perhaps Mendy isn't ready yet but even he can't be far off)? We should have the depth to win both. Stronger teams for Liverpool.

6. cyan

cyan

We will win the league whether or not we beat United. To win the Champions league we HAVE to beat Liverpool - so the at this moment the Liverpool tie is more important. But I know Pep will treat each match with equal importance - the old mantra, one games at a time - but always with an eye on the next one.

7. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

You are greedy, LOL

8. Blue Mooner

Blue Mooner

Given where we are in the league, the Liverpool games are far more important to our ambitions as a club.

Might be getting giddy but the league is all but mathematically in the bag. I genuinely believe this team won't be in a better position to win the champions league than now, and fulfil the treble.

We have to go full tilt for the champs league. If that means delaying winning the league and not having that beautiful moment of winning the league against the rags then so be it. We have bigger fish to fry than them lot these days.

That said if we do the business against the dippers with a decent lead from the first leg then we adjust accordingly. What a time to be a blue....

9. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Liverpool - no brainer

10. buckshot

buckshot

It's only greedy if they don't deserve it. They'll be favored in every match.