Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Rags for me every time. The Prem title should be our main target every year. Plus beating the rags to win it would be epic up there with 93:20 for me. we could beat the bin dippers and loose the semi we may never get a chance to stuff the rags for the title ever again it is vital we take this opportunity

100%.

Beating the rags to win the league at home will be the stuff of legends and will be recounted for eternity.

We couldn't wish for anything more, having relegated them once.

They've never forgotten that,the semi,6-1,Aguerooooooo 93-20, & they'll never ever forget this IF we do it.

We won't lose to PL NeverPool any way !!

Eternal ecstasy for us,life long pain for the evictors & rancid meat sellers. It's part of my life force to see this & it may never unfold this way again. I'm 67 & cant wait around.

Just do it City.

Couldn’t give a fuck about the CL & if we were playing anyone else it really wouldn’t matter if we won the tie or not. Let’s be honest, the only reason the game has the importance it has is because it’s against Liverpool.

I was there in 1974 when we helped relegate them at the swamp, I was at Wembley in 2011 & I was there in April 2012 when we beat them to go top. There is no better feeling than putting these rag ****s in their place and we’ve never had an opportunity like this and may never again. So it’s the derby for me & any City fan who thinks otherwise just isn’t a real blue in my opinion.

Oh dear PB, you've just labelled me "not a real Blue"! Ordinarily I wouldn't be that bothered about the CL, but this year we have a real chance to win it and we just happen to be playing the most self entitled, self reverential bunch of clowns in world football in the QF's, with a massive media hype machine behind them. They are also our main obstacle to winning it, and the thought of losing to them sickens me. Don't get me wrong, I badly want the rags to endure the humiliation of watching us win the league with a 19 point margin, right in front of them, but I want to stick a knife into old Bee Gee Teeth's hopes and dreams even more

Liverpool because it’s next, but I don’t really buy the argument that the derby is not that important because we have 6 more games to win the league. Lose to united and we would need two more wins. And the spurs fixture is terrible in its timing coming after 3 epic fixtures. I could easily see a mentally and physically tired team dropping points at Wembley. Which would mean that the title pursuit would drag on to the end of the month. We’ll still win the league but the reversal in momentum could impact on the cl semi final.

I also disagree with the view that a weakened team would beat united. Whenever we’ve rested our better players this season there’s been a huge drop off in performance levels.
So it’s full strength for all 3 games for me, barring a couple of tweaks such as resting kompany for one game, and get through them on adrenaline

Gotta be champions league..if we dont progress from this round it will put a black mark on this season rightly or wrongly.Need to beat Liverpool.We don’t need to beat united,we can the league another game,it really doesn’t matter.Those who would rather choose win a game against United rather than progress to the semis of the champions league are thinking small time.We could do both of course but champions league has to take priority over bragging rights now and I’m sure pep will do what best.

It is Liverpool tbh. But i can't have a pop at any blue saying the Rags match. As others have said this scenario will never come round again. All those years at being ridiculed & laughed at by these ****s and now an opportunity to inflict this sort of pain on them.

Liverpool is the most important if we want to win as much as possible (and that would be for the best thing for the club and our players).

Winning the domestic title is always the thing I personally see as most important each season but given we're definitely going to do that now, I'd rather prioritise the champions league tie. This is the best chance we've ever given ourselves at winning the champions league.

TBH though, a good performance against Liverpool would boost us going into the Derby anyway so it's not like we have to choose. We certainly won't be resting players on Wednesday with one eye on the Derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.