Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Tbh, I didn't realise the extent of it. Since been pointed out that it was a repeated often thing by someone who knew someone else's password. For some reason I thought it was someone who had left and kept using a login or something like that. Never mind. This is obviously much, much worse.

That's how Liverpool Twitter spun it, which of course now means it's gospel.

Surely the info they got doesn't matter,it's the act of hacking in imo
Well I wouldn't call it hacking, more unauthorised access by former employees and that's why I do think it matters what was taken. Imagine if Coutinho was one of our targets they signed off the back of this? That would be too good to be true though.

I get what you're saying, the PL should do something or it would give the message that this is acceptable conduct from one club to another, regardless of losses/damages. There has to be rules against this, if there aren't, then they need to get onto that pronto and make an official statement. They are so behind the times for a lot of things.

Well I wouldn't call it hacking, more unauthorised access by former employees and that's why I do think it matters what was taken. Imagine if Coutinho was one of our targets they signed off the back of this? That would be too good to be true though.

I get what you're saying, the PL should do something or it would give the message that this is acceptable conduct from one club to another. There has to be rules against this, if there aren't, then they need to get onto that pronto and make an official statement. They are so behind the times for a lot of things.

Gaining unauthorised access is hacking.

Ahhh fair enough. For some reason I thought it was someone who had left and kept using a login or something like that. Never mind.

You probably thought that because that's how people have reported it on podcasts and radio etc. Seemingly none of the fuckers even read the times articles properly, let alone report it themselves!

Gaining unauthorised access is hacking.
Yes I suppose but they didn't really have to do much to "hack", it should be a wakeup call for our club too. Passwords need to be changed more often, especially when someone leaves. I think the security beef up has probably already happened since then, especially after the email hack.

You probably thought that because that's how people have reported it on podcasts and radio etc. Seemingly none of the fuckers even read the times articles properly, let alone report it themselves!
Suspect a lot have read it but choose to downplay it by suggesting it was just old accounts not deactivated.

I'm not worked up by it.

To me the more telling issue is the failure of our media to investigate and report the same was they would if the boot was on the other foot.

They made a £130m profit on Coutinho who they bought during that period.

Thats paid for Van Dyke, Allison and around £200m other signings.
Coutinho had been on Inter's books for four or five years by the time this happened, he wasn't exactly an unknown kid from the Brazilian second division, and we have no idea if he was involved anyway.

I agree with you all that what they did was bad, but I guess I just don't know what the ask is. I saw the initial story in the Times spread about a decent amount, and have seen some smaller follow on stories, but beyond that there just might not be much to investigate. It happened six years ago and was settled. Liverpool aren't going to talk about it, and if City aren't giving anything where do you go from there? If City felt it was as big a deal as we're making here surely they would've alerted the authorities back when it happened, or fed some reporters either then or now, but instead they accepted £1m to sweep it under the rug.

I can confirm City have been asking questions of why the media hasn't picked this up and ran with it more?

Bemused, isn't the word.

I've spoken to some people at said outlets, the lame response being if City had told us at the time...

Nothing to do with legal threats, The Times haven't been hit with anything since they published.

Simply the City haters sticking together.

Chills my journalistic soul.
This merely confirms what plenty on here have known for a long time, there is an agenda. The silence from Frank is deafening. Just need the corruption stories to start coming out now. Also how have these people not only kept their jobs but been promoted!

Last edited:
The Indepedent allege that this activity took place from June 2012 until Feb 2013. In other words across two transfer windows.

Did Liverpool access any information from Manchester City regarding Countinho? He moved from Inter to Liverpool in January 2013?

If Manchester City have evidence as to which players that Liverpool looked at, and they ended up acquiring those players it could be a very serious matter indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.