Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

We’re on talksh*t now.....
Sadly it’s all about the Silva/ Mendy racism rubbish, apparently more important than blatant thieving.

Coutinho had been on Inter's books for four or five years by the time this happened, he wasn't exactly an unknown kid from the Brazilian second division, and we have no idea if he was involved anyway.
That's what I was thinking but then I thought, would the Liverpool fans care about any of that? If he was one of our targets, then we should use it as a stick to beat them with. They'd do the same, even if he wasn't a transfer target.

They'd just assume knowledge and make their own truth. Like they assume the FFP investigation confirms that City have been bankrolled by our owner and not in profit for the last 5-6years. When that's not at all what the investigation is about.

That era wasn't exactly the high point of Liverpool in the transfer market. Like I said, still bad, I'm just not personally as worked up about it some of you guys are. I honestly just think the amount of time that has passed has made it drastically less interesting from a journalistic perspective. But thats just my opinion.
Everyone's focused on the Coutinho transfer from that time but it was Liverpools sudden interest in Paolo Fernandes which alerted City as they seem to have believed they had a free run at him at the time. He would have been 15 at the time I think so perhaps it's the youngsters that they got around that time we should look at (regardless if they made it or not).

Coutinho had been on Inter's books for four or five years by the time this happened, he wasn't exactly an unknown kid from the Brazilian second division, and we have no idea if he was involved anyway.

I agree with you all that what they did was bad, but I guess I just don't know what the ask is. I saw the initial story in the Times spread about a decent amount, and have seen some smaller follow on stories, but beyond that there just might not be much to investigate. It happened six years ago and was settled. Liverpool aren't going to talk about it, and if City aren't giving anything where do you go from there? If City felt it was as big a deal as we're making here surely they would've alerted the authorities back when it happened, or fed some reporters either then or now, but instead they accepted £1m to sweep it under the rug.
It maybe that the subterfuge had minimal impact, or it maybe that it influenced Liverpool and Manchester City's transfer activity.

I bet City know which players the log-ins were associated with. If they accessed information about Coutinho then that would be serious indeed for LFC, and it should be something that FIFA and the Premier League should be demanding to know about

It's no point Manchester City fans complaining about the media not being interested. We all have internet access, use it. Reweet the newspaper reports, and contact the newpapers that have not carried the story, BBC Football, Radio 5, Talksport, FIFA, Premier League etc.

Liverpool have been agitating and lobbying about Man City and UEFA FFP for months. Now lets deal with them.

Everyone's focused on the Coutinho transfer from that time but it was Liverpools sudden interest in Paolo Fernandes which alerted City as they seem to have believed they had a free run at him at the time. He would have been 15 at the time I think so perhaps it's the youngsters that they got around that time we should look at (regardless if they made it or not).

Reports too that City sped up the moves for Fernandinho and Navas fearing they'd be sabotaged.

Where do City stand, now that they have taken the payment? Do they have to stay silent or could they reveal which players they think it involved? For public interest at the very least...

I agree with you all that what they did was bad, but I guess I just don't know what the ask is. I saw the initial story in the Times spread about a decent amount, and have seen some smaller follow on stories, but beyond that there just might not be much to investigate. It happened six years ago and was settled. Liverpool aren't going to talk about it, and if City aren't giving anything where do you go from there? If City felt it was as big a deal as we're making here surely they would've alerted the authorities back when it happened, or fed some reporters either then or now, but instead they accepted £1m to sweep it under the rug.
It was a legal case,lawyers say what goes,it was known back then,the authorities then as now don't give a fuck because it is a media darling in the wrong and what the hell it's only city,the media have said they were warned off by their lawyers,there is a reason the Times have gone on it now,leaked by us maybe,we preferred to deal with our shit under the radar then,it's only been since the summer that the gloves are off

Where do City stand, now that they have taken the payment? Do they have to stay silent or could they reveal which players they think it involved? For public interest at the very least...
I'd imagine that if FIFA or the Premier league demand the information off use City would be obliged to respond.

I don't see how FIFA and the Premier League can avoid not looking into this. Now that it is in the public domain they have to investigate. What would fans of Chelsea FC make of it if Liverpool are reported to have acquired data regarding another club's scouting activity, and then the football authorities showed complete disregard.

City are already pursuing a process of due process and bias in the football regulatory process. Are UEFA/FIFA/Premier League going to make our case for us i.e. prove that the regulatory and investigative process is prejudicial? You shall be judged by your actions.

I'd imagine that if FIFA or the Premier league demand the information off use City would be obliged to respond.

I don't see how FIFA and the Premier League can avoid not looking into this. Now that it is in the public domain they have to investigate. What would fans of Chelsea FC make of it if Liverpool are reported to have acquired data regarding another club's scouting activity, and then the football authorities showed complete disregard.

City are already pursuing a process of due process and bias in the football regulatory process. Are UEFA/FIFA/Premier League going to make our case for us i.e. prove that the regulatory and investigative process is prejudicial? You shall be judged by your actions.
Didn't somebody post a list of ex Spurs and Chelsea scouts, that have joined Liverpool in recent years? I hope they are checking for a similar pattern, in light of this news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.