Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by xzbit04, 16 Jun 2013.

1. spacecadet

spacecadet

Nail on the head again mate.

2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Wall to wall coverage of this, unfortunately it is the cheap shity magnolia emulsion, the kind you get from pound land that is being used, well done to the Times for being brave enough for taking the dippers on.

3. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Just to spell it out for you, as your earlier post felt it couldn’t be pursued and even though this post refutes the ridiculousness of your post you continue in the same vein, it was/is a criminal offence to hack other people’s data. Therefore it’s only right that the Governing Body of the organisation that LFC are a part of should involve themselves and ask how much LFC directed the criminal acts of their employees and how much they gained from said criminal acts.

4. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Spot-on and why did employees who carried out hundreds of criminal offences and cost their employers at least £1m in legal costs end up being promoted to senior positions in that organisation. Liverpool FC must have thought the benefit gained by this data theft outweighed the criminal activity of their staff.

cookster and squirtyflower like this.
  5. ganganvince

ganganvince

Or encouraged the crime and maybe had information on other breaches.

cookster and bobbyowenquiff like this.
  6. MCC

MCC

Deep behind enemy lines and on the attack
    Let's not forget that we have plenty more left in the tank. This is just a teaser. A couple of light jabs.

7. James McJohn

James McJohn

Team supported:
    Bohs / City
    Apologies if I was unclear; I 100% agree with your point above and it is correct that they shoud. What I am trying to say, perhaps poorly, is that I suspect the FA will en-devour to distance themselves from the case for two reasons....

1) it has been settled without reporting a criminal offence
    2) its a criminal issue rather than a governing body issue.

To be absolutely clear, I am not saying the FA shouldn't throw the book at them, I am suggesting it is likely they predictably look to turn the other cheek

8. Barcon

Barcon

Not sure if I'm way off the mark here, but the first thing I thought when all this came out was that the F.A were always aware of this and that they in fact probably mediated the settlement so that it could be brushed under the carpet so as not to damage the P.L brand. In fact I would be shocked if this isn't the case.

StrangewaysHereWeCome likes this.
  9. karen7

karen7

Agreed,i also think if this happened now it would be all out war,back when this happened we were handling things quietly,they were irrelevant to us as well,this last few months it's clear the gloves are well and truely off

10. BAB.DAB

BAB.DAB

FA can't turn a blind eye to a criminal offence,
    Section D disciplinary procedures